LA or Orlando

MrSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's pretty much 70 and sunny most of the year. Go surfing in the morning and snowboarding in the afternoon. Disneyland on Sat & Hollywood Studios on Sun, or beach it instead. ;) It's not cheap to live here, but there are pluses.

Rdevoe11, I'm in Venice & near your parents. That Playa Vista area is exploding and will only keep going once Google's new campus is done. It's crazy to watch, and awesome for those of us who got in early. ;)

Last edited:

jt17

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been to both and chose to live in Florida. Both are awesome states but Florida wins. As mentioned before no state sales tax in FL, the state taxes in Cali are most likely only going up. Orlando is the #1 vacation destination in the world and most of the world gets here via plane (job security). AND, there are 13 LFS within a 30 min drive from OIA, one of which is WWC. In Orlando you're an hour drive east or west to beach and south FL has great coral reef diving. No reefs in Cali, although I did go on an awesome kelp forest dive and saw tons of geribaldis, but I digress. We would gladly welcome you to the Sunshine State.

OP
OP
VicD81

VicD81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hummm decisions decisions. I think im gonna at least try for the Cali job. I want to at least try it its been a dream of my wife (and to a lesser extent mine) to live out there so dont want to go through life regretting it. If anything I can always transfer out.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Wife, Happy Life!
Either place is great for kids. I live in Orage County Cali, and I can say Orange County Florida has nothing on Cali. There is a reason why 1/9th of the countries population is in Cali! So much to do. Why are taxes so high? They charge us extra for the weather.
You like amusement parks? We can drive to Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios, Magic Mountain, Legoland, and Sea World.
You like the Beach? We got plenty of Coastline.
You like to travel? 4-5 hour drive to Vegas where you can find a Hotel them to make you feel like you are anywhere in the world. lol
You like local fish stores? No one has the density of our market! Aquarium Store Finder - Map

But one thing Florida doesnt have is a 2 hour trip from the beach to the mountains to go skiing!

tonymission

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lived in OC for 7 years and it was amazing. Of course I was single then! ;)

Been to Orlando many times and there's nothing specific about it that I like.

OP
OP
VicD81

VicD81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive heard that its only a 2 hr dive to anything on might want to do, and being as how im into everything its deff a plus.

OP
OP
VicD81

VicD81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its official. I start in LA on Monday. So im going to have to get out of the hobby for a while and sell all my live stock. Still debating on whether or not to keep or sell equipment.

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its official. I start in LA on Monday. So im going to have to get out of the hobby for a while and sell all my live stock. Still debating on whether or not to keep or sell equipment.

I agree, there isn't much variety when you're looking for LFS's but you can't beat the weather, that's for sure.

-Cindy

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back