Lasers 1000+ Inwall Starfire

card16969

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AWESOME!! So if the unit is for cooling and heating I will have to double up and have one for each plugged into the APEX?

What is the continious and peak amperage of the unit. That plug is 15cont 30 peak there is a 75/100 just trying to find it agian i copied the link to the smaller one

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the continious and peak amperage of the unit. That plug is 15cont 30 peak there is a 75/100 just trying to find it agian i copied the link to the smaller one

Peak is 70A

card16969

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peak is 70A
Just talked to a buddy of mine and he said you can run a heating and cooling control unit which turns on the heat and ac in a house just like a thermostat and you can run the 12dc inverter like I showed you as the turn ons for heat and cooling. Hes a ex heating and cooling guy and said that you can get two ac control units for about 75-100 each which will work as a turn on. Might be able to get a dual unit that does both. He said go to a heating and cooling shop and they can set you up with the right setup. Some are ac powered and some dc, for ac all you do is make a male ended extension cord and tie it into the units turn ons and plug into the apex. He doesnt know the model numbers to be able to help you but said he has helped with wiring something like this up before. Hopefully that is of some help, Im the guy all my friends call to help build their systems and love doing it more than I enjoy reefing haha.

Meers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impressive. Subscribed! Congratulations and best of luck with your build.

jason g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
34.jpg

This is the latest pic of my tank. I just bought a few wavemakers last week to put in it :)

I am finishing up last details to start the cycle as it only has plain water for the moment. I would love to see an equipment list as I am still missing a few pieces. (Skimmer, RODI, Pumps)

I also had a similar custom sump created, will post pics later, looks very similar except for the division in the middle. What's that for?

Regards

Jan

Wow, you also need to start a thread about your tank. It looks great. You only bought a few powerheads? Lol I only bought one WP40 for my 130g. Looks good though. I hope you can show us more about your setup. :bigsmile:

kingrl2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love these quality BIG build threads! This is looking awesome, can't wait to see the finished product.

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he listed all his equipment already just read through the thread.

Main Equipment List:
2 Hammerhead Gold Return Pumps
4 Vortec MPW60 and 2 MPW-40
Bubble King 400INT Skimmer
Deltec 1001 Calcium Reactor
Deltec KM500S Kalk Stirrer
Ozotech ozone generator with Reef Octopus Ozone Reactor w/industrial air pump
Nextreef Biopellet Reactor
Nextreef Carbon Reactor
4 400W Metal Halide Spider Reflectors w/ 20000k Radiums
4 AI Hydra 52's
2 AI Hydra 52's over sump
2HHP Aqualogic Chiller/heater
APEX with 2 PM1's,2 PM2's, LSM, WXM,VDM,ALD,AFS,4 EB8's, 3 EB4's, 3 breakout boxes
Topoff yet to be determined but will be supplied by 50 gallon container.

made2rock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something I will have to look into as I was really wanting it to be APEX controlled.

I will work. The Apex's output gets hooked up to the coil of a relay. The Apex ONLY drives the coil of the relay not the chiller. So the heavy load of the chiller is handled by the contacts of relay not the apex.

Love this build, looking forward to seeing the progress.

Joe

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back