LCA DINO PROBLEM

Daurland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today i will be starting the process to stop the situation from the Dino’s I have been having I have already gotten 10 micron filter socks, spongexel, phyto and tisbe pods and seachem silacate test kit

Looking at previous forums it’s saying 1 drop per gallon but reading the bottle from bright well it’s stating 1 drop per 20 gallons for the first two weeks and increase 10% accordingly after

Should I be dosing it differently or is there something I’m missing

All help is appreciated
Thank you

Last edited:

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Today i will be starting the process to stop the situation from the Dino’s I have been having I have already gotten 10 micron filter socks, spongexel, phyto and tisbe pods and seachem silacate test kit

Looking at previous forums it’s saying 1 drop per gallon but reading the bottle from bright well it’s stating 1 drop per 20 gallons for the first two weeks and increase 10% accordingly after

All help is appreciated
Thank you
Sounds like you're on the right track but not sure that silicate test kit will be very accurate. Also, I never noticed any benefits to siphoning through small micron socks. If you think about it you are also siphoning out the good guys you want, like diatoms and pods and others and they can't reproduce as fast as dinos you left behind.

Also, SpongExcel will get expensive. You can buy 40% water glass at much cheaper and dose less as well.

One more thing, what are you nitrate and phosphate currently at? Do you have means to keep them elevated as well?

OP
OP
D

Daurland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you're on the right track but not sure that silicate test kit will be very accurate. Also, I never noticed any benefits to siphoning through small micron socks. If you think about it you are also siphoning out the good guys you want, like diatoms and pods and others and they can't reproduce as fast as dinos you left behind.

Also, SpongExcel will get expensive. You can buy 40% water glass at much cheaper and dose less as well.

One more thing, what are you nitrate and phosphate currently at? Do you have means to keep them elevated as well?t

One more thing, what are you nitrate and phosphate currently at? Do you have means to keep them elevated as well?
Spingexcel for 250ml was about $17 not terrible

Right now my po4 is 0.16
Nitrates 15.8

Reading it to it all was saying used those socks to catch the lca when blowing off rocks
No water change or scraping glass or siphoning sand but wait for a diatom bloom to happen to over take the dino

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many gallons is the tank

charlesk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

All help is appreciated
Thank you
Go to fishofhex. Com. For $35 he will diagnose the dino you have and tell you how to cure the problem. Just do this. I have used this service and I was dino free in 10 days. Don't waste your time with black outs, dino x or any brightwell product. Go to fishofhex, you'll be glad you did.

OP
OP
D

Daurland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to fishofhex. Com. For $35 he will diagnose the dino you have and tell you how to cure the problem. Just do this. I have used this service and I was dino free in 10 days. Don't waste your time with black outs, dino x or any brightwell product. Go to fishofhex, you'll be glad you did.
I will have to check this out asap and give it a go, been reading in on “macks reef” oh what his recommendation is for this process

charlesk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to check this out asap and give it a go, been reading in on “macks reef” oh what his recommendation is for this process
I emailed you a response to your question which dino I had. I also wrote a rather lengthy procedure to get a jump on the dino. However, I received a message indicating a possible email failure . If you did not receive my explanation email, contact me here and I'll try again. I want to help

charlesk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My emailed to you with detailed steps to follow failed. If you like send me your direct email. Sending thru r2r failed.

OP
OP
D

Daurland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My emailed to you with detailed steps to follow failed. If you like send me your direct email. Sending thru r2r failed.
I just tried to send you another message right now hopefully that one works if not just let me know I’ll send you the email through the thread

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 85 48.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back