LED Light Manufacturer's and Model List

nsrogue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using a Chinese LED fixture and getting good results over my 180 even though they are just blue and white.

DsunY 4 panel for reef.

040.jpg

$_12.JPG

Javen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to know where to get those I need some like that! I have a 125 gal. And need good lights. How much did they cost? Do they work better than fluorescent or long LEDs

nsrogue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got them from amazon I think they were $ 550. and my corals seem to be growing under them really well .

McolonReefAddict

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, i have the same ones (Dsuny) over my 125, been using them for about 4 months and so far my zoas are growing like crazy, i am just now getting into sps so I'll update on how they do.

McolonReefAddict

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the quad set for about 550.00
i just added some new corals yesterday so hopefully I'll have some positive results in a couple months when i update my post.

David Bradley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LED Light Manufacturer and Model's List

Please help me put together a list of EVERY manufacturer and model of LED lighting. I want to have a complete list and continue to keep it updated.

Thank you for your contribution!
I use 2 Mars Aqua 165 watt. Approximate cost, $80 on Amazon.

Please help me put together a list of EVERY manufacturer and model of LED lighting. I want to have a complete list and continue to keep it updated.

I use 2 Mars Aqua 165 watt Dimmable. Each have 2 cooling fans and 2 dimmers. The cost is approximately $80. per unit on Ebay.

I've been very happy with mine!
Screenshot_2015-07-22-10-55-45.png
Screenshot_2015-07-22-10-54-57.png

Reefer with SeaHorses

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with two Current USA Orbit Marine Led strips as I have a deep tank. They are excellent! I have bubble corals from just above the bottom to in hidden coves close to the top and all are full bubblers. All of my other corals are doing great too. I have new coral growrh- mushrooms and buttons on the bottom. It's a 70g corner bow front - so it's very deep.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-31-09-28-13.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-31-09-28-13.png
    978.3 KB · Views: 629

David Bradley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with two Current USA Orbit Marine Led strips as I have a deep tank. They are excellent! I have bubble corals from just above the bottom to in hidden coves close to the top and all are full bubblers. All of my other corals are doing great too. I have new coral growrh- mushrooms and buttons on the bottom. It's a 70g corner bow front - so it's very deep.
Your tank looks great

Thle009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Orphek Atlantik version 2b. Dual channel LED's. Like them a lot. They provide great coverage area and my sps have great color.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a cheap Led light on Amzon http://amzn.to/1mTpXkS , and I want to test its properties compare with professional aquarium light.

I believe the best test would be with a PAR meter, measuring the intensity at varous depths in the tank. I know here in NJ, we have the option of renting one from our LFS.

Now with that being said, I'd consider this more a freshwater fixture....or if salt, a FOWLR setup. It has very weak LED's......13W with 33 LEDs....that's 0.4 watts per LED....so it will have poor penetration. In addition, it's very white with only 27% blue LEDs. As a minimum, I prefer closer to 50% blue...preferably more.

I find it interesting that they say it's for a 9.8-17.7 inch fish tank, but then show it on a much larger tank.

Now it might work as a refugium light, but they don't give the kelvin, so I'm not sure about that either.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back