LED lighting help!

jokervueboi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a 240 Lumentek from Reef Radiance on my 180. It's a great LED light. Easy programing for what I need (LPS, softies, SPS). I don't need anything facy. But..... If I was super HANDYMAN, I'd do a DIY LED fixture.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you are correct in that I did potentially call you out as a Vendor of stated only LED fixtures that actually grow Corals statement you made above in post #12 and only ones you'd risk your Coral$ under in post #17. I absolutely do choose other better/better value IMO LED fixtures out their but would never state that they are the only ones that actually grow coral. Unfortunately their seems to be an equal amount of truths and untruths about LED's in general for our Reefkeeping needs that we as Mods, Vendors and Seasoned Reekeepers alike need to be more factual and or careful in how we represent the information as in either Facts or Opinions. This will keep this and many other threads polite, respectful and beneficial to those in this hobby trying to decipher the information at hand. I am though a fan of the Kessil lighting technology.

Cheers, Todd

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm surprised to hear this from a 'Platinum Sponsor' or am I ??? The truth is that there are several LED fixtures equal to or better than the Eco-Tech Radions (any generation) for far less money. To me they a re a big waste of money buying an expensive and unnecessary redundant controller for each fixture instead of Master to Slave function as on their pumps. I was designing and building 'Broad Spectrum LED Arrays' before AI got out of the Blue-White only non-controllable fixtures and they have years of experience over Eco-Tech. Other than looks Radion G3's are several upgrades away from my 4 year old DIY fixture both in function and control.

To the OP, take a serious look at Reef Radiance, Rapid LED and Reef Breeder fixtures that can be purchased to accept Neptune Apex, DA Reef Keeper or ??? control. Some like the newer Reef Radiance can have factory installed controller connections or Mod Kits which are fairly easy as a DIY project.

Let's keep this real and informative.

Cheers, Todd

You sir rock!!! Kudos :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back