Lighting suggestions for Innovative-marine fusion pro 20

Pudgeshambley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is 24L x 15W x 13H. I had to rehome my clownfish because they were being bullies in my other tank. Originally I thought about just doing a nem tank for them, but I am not sure. I am leaning Kessil, but I don't know which one would work for this size tank. Also would like a light that is programmable. I am confused as to whether or not the Kessils' are. I currently have a Red Sea aquarium with their light, which I like fine, but thought I might try something new. This is only my second tank. And I was planning on having this one. Lol

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a photon v2 over my 11 month old 25 lagoon. The fixture is 24" long, and 12 or 13" wide (not positive on this). But it absolutely lays down the light mounted 16 inches off of the water. Your corals will love you if you go with a panel vs a bar or puck. The growth is substantially more natural. The corals will simply grow into empty space vs growing towards the lighting.
1000006172.jpg

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two ai prime 16hd on my 20G I just started back up. It works and covers 90% of the tank in blanket coverage imo. If I were to do it again I would go with the reef breeders though. Like the bar over pucks. I went with the AI’s cause I started with one and added another after I got into sps in old tank.

OP
OP
P

Pudgeshambley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a photon v2 over my 11 month old 25 lagoon. The fixture is 24" long, and 12 or 13" wide (not positive on this). But it absolutely lays down the light mounted 16 inches off of the water. Your corals will love you if you go with a panel vs a bar or puck. The growth is substantially more natural. The corals will simply grow into empty space vs growing towards the lighting.
1000006172.jpg
Do you like the app? Can you just set a schedule? Sorry if that is a stupid question and all lights do this.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, setting the old photons is terrible. I have to build a spread sheet and plan my light cycle. Then using the remote, set the intensity for each hour of the day for each of 6 channels. 144 different set points total.

There is an updated version with an app. I've never used it. But you can probably put me in the minority for this; I don't mind that it's a pain. It keeps me from tinkering withy schedule. Set it, forget it. Put the remote away and forget how to program it. If you want easy to program I don't believe it's the light you want. But if you wanna blast your tank with light and are ok spending 30-60 minutes programing iy once, it's great.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 162 72.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.9%
Back