Litermeter 4 dosing pump or something else? Need Wifi - dosing Kalk

IPT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have the Litermeter III and it's doing fine, except it has no WiFi capabilities. I'm using it to dose Kalk for my Alk and Ca. Since I am taking longer vacations I'd like to be able to adjust the dosage (currently 2L per day) remotely. From what I have gathered most dosing pumps can dose 24x per day. The Litermeter III divides the dose up over 150 doses a day. That should make for more stable parameters. Unfortunatley the Litermeter 4 is expensive $250 for just the unit (need a pump on top of that - which i do have).

Are there any other options that will dose more than once an hour? I imagine once I get more serious growth and demands a lot of Kal could go into the system at one time if the volume is split in 24 instead of 150.

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have the Litermeter III and it's doing fine, except it has no WiFi capabilities. I'm using it to dose Kalk for my Alk and Ca. Since I am taking longer vacations I'd like to be able to adjust the dosage (currently 2L per day) remotely. From what I have gathered most dosing pumps can dose 24x per day. The Litermeter III divides the dose up over 150 doses a day. That should make for more stable parameters. Unfortunatley the Litermeter 4 is expensive $250 for just the unit (need a pump on top of that - which i do have).

Are there any other options that will dose more than once an hour? I imagine once I get more serious growth and demands a lot of Kal could go into the system at one time if the volume is split in 24 instead of 150.
Splitting alk into 24 versus splitting it into finer intervals is mostly unnecessary.

You can buy one of those smart plugs - that are wi-fi operated and turn the doser off for certain time intervals to reduce dosage when you are away. These are programmable - you can turn the plug off and schedule it to turn back on in, say 2 hours..

1707379806314.png

Obviously it's tricky to increase dosage this way (my DIY doser though would add extra dose if switched on at specific minute interval of the hour) - but you can achieve that by setting the dosage a bit higher and then adjusting it mostly down when you are away.

OP
OP
I

IPT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Splitting alk into 24 versus splitting it into finer intervals is mostly unnecessary.

I was wondering how much of a difference it would make if any. I tend to overthink stuff :).

Thanks for the outlet link. Not sure I'll use for this, but maybe for other stuff!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going to leave for long periods of time while having a super growing tank, then dosing a very strong base sight unseen is not likely a good idea. Another solution like a Calcium Reactor might be safer.

I have not used kalk for a long time (too much demand), but I would use the most reliable pump and live with the X per day of whatever it can do. Too many tanks crashed with cheaper, less reliable pumps.

To echo what Ed said, the more that you want to control things, the less control you will really have.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a dosing pump I can control with my Neuralink chip or Apple Vision Pro.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

The LiterMeter is a great product and reliable. I'd spend the $250 for a solid performer since you already have the pump. I have the OG LiterMeter and it is rock solid. I also have two ReefDose 4's which I like very much as well...however, I would trust the LiterMeter over the ReefDose.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a litermeter 4 with three pumps doing AWC and filling my ATO container. It is wifi but not on the cloud so you would have to remote in to make changes.

I use a GHL doser for dosing my kalk I do not know what the max is but i dose 144 times per day.

How long are you going to be gone? My kalk reservoir would be empty before I had to make a change.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a litermeter 4 with three pumps doing AWC and filling my ATO container. It is wifi but not on the cloud so you would have to remote in to make changes.

I use a GHL doser for dosing my kalk I do not know what the max is but i dose 144 times per day.

How long are you going to be gone? My kalk reservoir would be empty before I had to make a change.
What do you mean when you say “wifi but not on the cloud”? Would I be able to change the amount dosed while traveling remotely? Thanks!

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using my kamoer pro T stepper for close to 10k hours dosing kalk. I'm using a kalk slurry solution and dosing 1.5ml a minute from 8pm to 8am. The dosing pump can be controlled by wifi. I have it running in a "continuous" state, and turn the outlet on/off on my apex to control when it doses.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean when you say “wifi but not on the cloud”? Would I be able to change the amount dosed while traveling remotely? Thanks!

You would have to remote in to a computer at home to get to the controller.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back