Little spiral cinnamon roll looking things?

Neocold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Yesterday I noticed a LOT of these little spiral things that are in the shape of cinnamon rolls all over the QT. The glass, the rock, the heater, etc.

Today most of them are not there anymore or are just pieces that have mostly straightened out.

The critters and corrals in this tank are set to come off quarantine and go in the DT today but I would like to make sure these are not a problem first.

Thanks!

20240423_122004.jpg 20240423_122052.jpg 20240423_122108.jpg

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me preface this by saying I know a lot of reefers like this worm., but…. Not a fan. It leaves this crazy looking web making my tank look a little unkept.
Those are vermited snails, they are different by having a usually brown tube and are much larger than spiriboid worms. Those are the ones you should remove, as the web they cast out irritates corals and they spread very quickly. Spiriboid worms have no such web and instead have a fan like feeding apparatus similar to featherduster worms and barnicles

dhatchett4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are vermited snails, they are different by having a usually brown tube and are much larger than spiriboid worms. Those are the ones you should remove, as the web they cast out irritates corals and they spread very quickly. Spiriboid worms have no such web and instead have a fan like feeding apparatus similar to featherduster worms and barnicles
Gotcha, TY

betareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had these little worms (or something very similar) become so numerous they help clog up filter pipes and pumps. Other then that, they do no harm.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back