LiveAquaria 2 week guarantee for marine fish is store credit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Zoo is notorious for selling things they don't actually have in stock. Then sending emails claiming the fish are in observation and can't be shipped yet. Their customer service is also notorious for being non-responsive. Blue Zoo should be avoided at all costs.
What you're describing does not at all match my experience in my 6+ orders from them. Top notch service and quality. Did you personally have an issue?

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you're describing does not at all match my experience in my 6+ orders from them. Top notch service and quality. Did you personally have an issue?

Been ordering off and on for more than a decade. I somehow forget about issues or convince myself it won't be a problem ('cause they'll have a sale or a fish I really really want) and order anyway.

Terrible customer service. Constant DOAs (or just straight up sending the wrong fish), and bogus "sales" that always result in an email a few days later because items are "in observation." Some people struggle to get a refund (or even a response) when this "observation" nonsense happens.

I made this mistake AGAIN earlier this year. I'm done trying and won't forget anymore. I'll just stay away.

Last edited:

Kenneth Hooper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For fish?
BlueZooAquatics
SaltwaterFish.com
Reefs4Less

All are top notch service and quality. Bluezoo is overpriced. Reefs4Less is the best I've found anywhere.
I believe that Reefs4Less and SaltwaterFish.com are the same company. Check their website for current specials and they are the same right down to the pictures

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that Reefs4Less and SaltwaterFish.com are the same company. Check their website for current specials and they are the same right down to the pictures
They must connect to the same wholesale inventory, because theyre very similar. Except for the price :)

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This all new to me as well, I have bought from LA/DD many times over the last 3-4 yrs. I knew they wanted pics of DOAs but not the other stuff. Luckily I don't have any more room for fish & I haven't bought but maybe 2 corals from them it wont be an issue for me. for awhile.
They have always worked with me on any DOAs or within the 14 days window.

OP
OP
H

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, when they were offering free replacement and then refunds, that was the best any vendor has ever offered. The 14 days store credit is reasonable with what everyone else is offering, just LA and DD have very high prices. As quality decreases I would have thought prices should follow. Time will tell.

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, when they were offering free replacement and then refunds, that was the best any vendor has ever offered. The 14 days store credit is reasonable with what everyone else is offering, just LA and DD have very high prices. As quality decreases I would have thought prices should follow. Time will tell.
saltwaterfish and blue zoo are more expensive compared to liveaquaria.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back