Livestock companies that ship for Saturday arrival

legalreefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone familiar with companies that will let me pay for Saturday arrival? (Before I just start checking every company’s website). My wife and I have strictly in-office jobs and really can’t take time off to wait for packages.

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone familiar with companies that will let me pay for Saturday arrival? (Before I just start checking every company’s website). My wife and I have strictly in-office jobs and really can’t take time off to wait for packages.
Just have the package shipped to one of the UPS or FedEx locations and pick the fish up after work. With the many issues of shipping fish I don't know of many that would ethically send them out on a Friday knowing if something happens most likely by Monday when it can be addressed that livestock will be in tough shape.

OP
OP
L

legalreefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just have the package shipped to one of the UPS or FedEx locations and pick the fish up after work. With the many issues of shipping fish I don't know of many that would ethically send them out on a Friday knowing if something happens most likely by Monday when it can be addressed that livestock will be in tough shape.
I tried that and the fish was dead when I got it after work. I think they kept the facility too hot

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve had fish shipped to my job. The fish can safely stay in the box till you go home. They’re packed to be safe for longer than the overnight and that way you know they were kept in a cool place and most offices get deliveries early in the day.

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried that and the fish was dead when I got it after work. I think they kept the facility too hot
The UP Stores and FedEx shops are climate-controlled from my understanding. I think maybe try a different vendor if the fish couldn't make it through a single day of shipping. (Trust me on those trucks it gets much hotter, and the shops are the first places the UPS /FedEx drop in the morning. )

Either way, I think that is why you run into most vendors that wont ship for Saturdays. I hope you can find someone who can work with you though!

EDIT: Thinking back I do remember some of my boxes being stuck in the "Containers" at the distribution centers... Maybe that is what happened?

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 29 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 44 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back