Livestock

henryriesett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! At the moment, I am at a standstill if I can buy more fish and what I could get. Right now, in a 75g standard, I have an ocellaris, falco hawkish, firefish, and a Valentini puffer. I am working towards a mixed reef, so I need reef safe fish. Does anyone have any opinions on what I could get, and what they would recommend? Thank you.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! At the moment, I am at a standstill if I can buy more fish and what I could get. Right now, in a 75g standard, I have an ocellaris, falco hawkish, firefish, and a Valentini puffer. I am working towards a mixed reef, so I need reef safe fish. Does anyone have any opinions on what I could get, and what they would recommend? Thank you.
Wrasses, gobys, damsel, blennys, anthias, dwarf angels, lots to choose from. Key is to balance top swimmers, mid tank cruisers and bottom dwellers.

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on your filtration but you could probably have 6-8 more fish. I wouldn’t get any inverts though with that puffer and hawkfish.

You have so many options for fish that I would just go on live aquaria pick a bunch of fish and come back and ask if they’re compatible.

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend a Tomini and a Yellow tang so you do t have to worry about algae. As a fellow Valentini owner you've firmly left the reef safe camp, but that's ok they are worth it!

My puffer will not touch LPS, but does eat some acros and montis. Usually they survive and he eventually leaves them alone but watch out for that.

OP
OP
H

henryriesett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*And there's a good chance the puffer will nip at coral...
Hi!
How long has the tank been running with the current fish?
What other fish are on your wish list? Maybe we can narrow things down
Hi!
What other fish are on your wish list? Maybe we can narrow things down :)

Hi!
What other fish are on your wish list? Maybe we can narrow things down :)
The tank has been running for almost 4 months, and any fish is fine I want some suggestions.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back