OP
Loki

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! :) I got it from my LFS.

Alldelight pm headed your way.

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
Loki

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished putting the panel on the frag tank. Can you tell I've never done it before lol!

I have it wrapped up better than some of my Christmas presents :D

gy5uguza.jpg

In three days to a week we will see how it holds water.

Also for another little project I stopped by my local acrylic place and talked them out of (people give me stuff to go away) some scrap acrylic and acrylic rod. I'm going to look into making some frag racks for this tank

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
Loki

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I don't have enough room for my hoarding let alone someone else's lol :)

OP
OP
Loki

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news.. There is a crack in the back glass of this tank so I am breaking it down.

y6a2egym.jpg

The crack runs from bulkhead to bulkhead. There has been no loss of water or a leak. I am unsure what caused the crack or exactly when it happened. I know it's not brand new I've been watching it and the other night I was looking in the tank with a flashlight and decided it looked worse. I assume that the person that drilled the bulkheads may have messed up in some way and it cracked them over time.

Again I've had no loss of life in any way because of this but I'm being proactive.

So.... The good news. ;) I am upgrading to a 150 gallon tank with the dimensions of 48 long x 25 tall x 30 deep. One thing I'm worried about is transferring everything over to the new tank. I have never moved a full tank and am not sure the best way to do it. My wife has given me a one month deadline to get it all moved over.

Should I setup the 150 and let it cycle with new water or should I get it ready and move water, sand, rock, coral, and fish all in one go? I will probably start a new thread about this just to get more eyes and expert help in this area. Once the tank is swapped over I will start a new thread and post a link in this one directing people to it. Geez I hope this goes smoothly.

I pick the tank up tomorrow. :)

Sent from tapatalk

justjosh012

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would set up a 40b or soemthing like a frag tank to house more touchy livestock in. Its actaully not too bad if you already have the other tank in place and ready to go. IME move everything at once, and keep an eye on nutrients for a few days. Ive moved around alot and the quicker you get everything moved the less of a "mini" cycle your going to have, if any at all.

bobbyM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me get my tank home and recycled. Then, move all your stuff in to my tank, get you tank set up. Finally, come and pick up what I don't want to keep. lol

cdrewferd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sucks about the crack, but congrats on the upgrade. I would get the new tank ready, then just move everything from the 120. I would probably do new sand though.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea I can't wait to see the new tank rockin!

OP
OP
Loki

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would set up a 40b or soemthing like a frag tank to house more touchy livestock in. Its actaully not too bad if you already have the other tank in place and ready to go. IME move everything at once, and keep an eye on nutrients for a few days. Ive moved around alot and the quicker you get everything moved the less of a "mini" cycle your going to have, if any at all.

Thanks for the info. I will have the new tank setup as far as plumbing goes but I'm unsure how I'll do the sump as of yet. I don't think my current setup will fit in the new stand. Once I get the new tank here I'll look into it more.

Also the move of the tank has been delayed. The guy I'm getting it from is rather busy and won't be able to move it today. So I will be next week at the earliest.

Sent from tapatalk

OP
OP
Loki

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me get my tank home and recycled. Then, move all your stuff in to my tank, get you tank set up. Finally, come and pick up what I don't want to keep. lol

I don't like your idea.. :) I have a feeling that you would want to keep a lot more than I would want to give up lol

Sent from tapatalk

OP
OP
Loki

Loki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks cdrewferd and rev.

I'll know I'll need a lot more sand. I thought about going bare bottom but have decided against it. I currently have 120lbs of sand which turned out not being enough so I'll probably end up getting another 120lbs or so. :)

Sent from tapatalk

bobbyM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't like your idea.. :) I have a feeling that you would want to keep a lot more than I would want to give up lol

Sent from tapatalk

lol Anything for a friend. :xd: I have a tight budget this month or I would help you move the new tank. Pizza and beer sound great. Having gas to drive back home would be better. I'd even snag the suction cup, tank movers on my way out there. They are scary the first time you use them. Then, you want to use them every time.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 41.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 106 50.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back