Long term reviews for hygger heaters

Sdbuehler1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using the 500 watt version of the hygger heater for my mixing tank. I forgot to check the water level one week and my auto water change system had drained the tank to bottom exposing the heater. The heater is supposed to shut off when exposed to air but it did not. I started hearing an alarm on the heater controller and when I checked on the mixing station the heater had completley melted. The controller was showing HH and it was still cooking itself. Luckily I caught it in time that it didn’t melt my mixing station or catch on fire. I have since added an optical sensor to my mixing station to detect when the water level is low and turn off the auto water change system. I am using a different heater brand from now on.

Crimsonphoenix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any personal experience with these heaters, but I'm also in the market for a new heater since mine just failed after 6 years of use. I have a temp marineland one while I choose a good replacement.

I'm hesitant to buy anything that doesn't have a long and rock solid history in the community, but quality heaters are very expensive. I started some research before the fail happened, after reading horror stories of heaters that failed in the on position. But the outcome of that was being overwhelmed by the choices, and the conflicting info.

Anyway, I hope someone can answer your question. Bump for you and GL!
Ive had my marineland 150 watt with lifetime warranty for 6 years with NO problems…. I do use an inkbird controller for added peace of mind.

kentexan3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 500 watt…used it for about two years with no problems, however, I do run it through my hydros controller which is more accurate than the hugger controller that comes with it

N2nanoreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3720.png
I just had the 100 watt Hygger Titanium saltwater die on me after turning power off/on. The 100w in picture tripped my breaker every time ! I don’t have any luck apparently with Hygger heaters. Other products like their pumps and lighting I do, and are great.

Back