OP
OP
the3rd

the3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do they look like and how much? and what's the balance on the bulbs do I need to buy

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do they look like and how much? and what's the balance on the bulbs do I need to buy
Look up bulb ideas. My favorite is the AB plus bulb configuration. All will grow corals just depends on your taste. I have three zoanthids two I would frag. Pm for pics

Fredi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been doing it for about 3
We’re did you say your from?

OP
OP
the3rd

the3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amity it's about 20 minutes tp Arkadelphia and about 45 minutes to Hot Springs

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you sell any mushroom or any other soft coral? And I have a 36 inch 6 bulb T5 fixture what is your opinion on which bulbs I should put in there to grow the best corals and look appearance

I do sell from time to time but my stuff disappears pretty quickly. At the current time, I don't have anything but in a few months I'll have more frags again. I carry some cheaper generic softies but I also carry highend stuff like jawbreakers, rainbow jubilees and etc. I just like stuff that generally fluoresces intensely under blue lights.

Best bulbs for growth will be ones in the 400 nm ~ 470 nm range. Those are going to be your actinic and blue bulbs. The ATI Blue Plus bulb is a combination of both bulbs. I run 4 of those in my hybrid fixtures. If you don't like that much blue, you can use a few ATI aquablue special bulbs. These bulbs have red and green wavelengths mixed in making them whiter bulbs. Each person has a difference in what looks good to them so you'll have to mix match the bulbs till it favors what you like, however, the core of your bulbs should consist of bulbs heavy in the 400-470 nm range, meaning a lot of ATI blue + bulbs. I would do atleast x3 ati blue+ for an even spread.

OP
OP
the3rd

the3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do sell from time to time but my stuff disappears pretty quickly. At the current time, I don't have anything but in a few months I'll have more frags again. I carry some cheaper generic softies but I also carry highend stuff like jawbreakers, rainbow jubilees and etc. I just like stuff that generally fluoresces intensely under blue lights.

Best bulbs for growth will be ones in the 400 nm ~ 470 nm range. Those are going to be your actinic and blue bulbs. The ATI Blue Plus bulb is a combination of both bulbs. I run 4 of those in my hybrid fixtures. If you don't like that much blue, you can use a few ATI aquablue special bulbs. These bulbs have red and green wavelengths mixed in making them whiter bulbs. Each person has a difference in what looks good to them so you'll have to mix match the bulbs till it favors what you like, however, the core of your bulbs should consist of bulbs heavy in the 400-470 nm range, meaning a lot of ATI blue + bulbs. I would do atleast x3 ati blue+ for an even spread.
Ok thank you and how can I know your stuff is for sell?

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s forums for Arkansas? May have to sign up for those. Ps Put me on the list for when you get another jawbreaker frag

Yeah, razorbackreef is used by reefers in central arkansas while in2deep was NWA.

As for jawbreakers I have about 10 cooking atm. They are the poletti strain. Red and green develope later on, like towards 6 months to a year. Small ones are much cheaper, especially since you have no idea what they can turn out to be.

Just moved these a few weeks ago to my 45 from my 20. Mother is in front, good amount red and some green.

I'll let you know when they are set.

9059.jpeg

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, razorbackreef is used by reefers in central arkansas while in2deep was NWA.

As for jawbreakers I have about 10 cooking atm. They are the poletti strain. Red and green develope later on, like towards 6 months to a year. Small ones are much cheaper, especially since you have no idea what they can turn out to be.

Just moved these a few weeks ago to my 45 from my 20. Mother is in front, good amount red and some green.

9059.jpeg

How much do you usually sell them for?

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much do you usually sell them for?

$60-$300

It depends on size and color quality. A lot of folks like to buy them from me at about 1/2" ~$75, most of these are just teenager jawbreakers which are just mainly yellow and have not or may not develop red or green. Anything at $300 is a top notch adult jawbreaker ($600 market value), crazy amounts of red and green. However, most folks like to buy them small and gamble but even the ones that don't develop much red or green are still gorgeous. These things glow crazily under any bluish light.

But prices are never firm, people always end up buying a lot from me and I bulk price for them. So it could be even less than what I noted.

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$60-$300

It depends on size and color quality. A lot of folks like to buy them from me at about 1/2" ~$75, most of these are just teenager jawbreakers which are just mainly yellow and have not or may not develop red or green. Anything at $300 is a top notch adult jawbreaker ($600 market value), crazy amounts of red and green. However, most folks like to buy them small and gamble but even the ones that don't develop much red or green are still gorgeous. These things glow crazily under any bluish light.

But prices are never firm, people always end up buying a lot from me and I bulk price for them. So it could be even less than what I noted.

Will have to check them out once they are set :)

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

9059.jpeg
I love polenti’s I’ve been going back and forth on buying one but the cheapest I can find (for even smaller than a dime) is a hundred. And I don’t have that kind of money to spend rn.

mrsbest88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Ft Smith. Nice to see some more Arkansas peeps. I was part of In2deep and we've been trying to revive it but no biters really. I think I was the last to post there and that was in November. Oh and yall guys with zoas.... where you been hiding? Been hunting all over for people to buy zoas from

OP
OP
the3rd

the3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Ft Smith. Nice to see some more Arkansas peeps. I was part of In2deep and we've been trying to revive it but no biters really. I think I was the last to post there and that was in November. Oh and yall guys with zoas.... where you been hiding? Been hunting all over for people to buy zoas from
Hi nice to meet you I'm from the hot springs area. I'm looking for zoas shrooms any soft coral that I do have

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back