Looking for Octopus Eggs

ChallengerDeepGirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I am currently searching for octopus eggs. I know this may be a challenging task, but I've decided to give it a go. I have a fully cycled 55-gallon saltwater tank, complete with live rock, sand, a protein skimmer, and more (the works). I am interested in any octopus species, whether they have small or large eggs, that would be suitable for a 55-gallon tank (I know this would mainly be dwarf species). I am currently a few months into studying Marine Biology and have a great passion for octopuses. I am hoping to find eggs for a school project as well as to raise as pets. Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

OP
OP
C

ChallengerDeepGirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you located? I didn’t think stores would be able to get octo eggs. I’ve only seen cuttlefish eggs a few times
I'm actually having them ordered from a store in a different state and am having them shipped. It's a place I believe is located in the Florida Keys called Foxy Saltwater Tropicals. They're actually getting me a mom octopus and her eggs.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys hatched in my tank many years ago. I couldn't raise them very long but the Mother Octopus won't give up her eggs so you have to buy the octopus to get her eggs. Unfortunately, she croaks after they hatch. Maybe she finds out how much college costs. :thinking-face:

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum ChallengerDeepGirl
Make sure you stick around because there are a lot of very knowledgeable people here about your field of interest. Sadly, I am not one of them :winking-face-with-tongue:

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah my merc girl had laid eggs without me knowing until I spotted a baby one day! Hadn’t even known she was female! Unfortunately it was hard to keep track of them… I kinda wish I had left them all in the 10 gallon nursery until the survival of the fittest happened but I hated the idea of them becoming cannibalistic…

The pics are of blooper in her “den” and also why I didn’t know about eggs lol, one baby showing just how small they were next to chaeto, macro pic showing how big their suckers are at first!, and lastly the classic merc pose as I call it lol which blooper is also showing haha

IMG_4894.jpeg IMG_5226.jpeg IMG_5246.jpeg IMG_5302.jpeg

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg their tiny inks were adorable!! Here’s the clip of the whole nursery, I think I counted 35ish at one point.

This was all in April of 2022. This link is of one baby eating a brine shrimp:

Last edited:
Back