Looking to make some reef friends in SoCal!

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
West Anaheim here. I have a 29 gallon sps, lps clam tank, 50 temporary AIO cube qt frag tank & 200 rock curing tub that now has fish and corals in it and my old 240 mixed reef anemone tank that I need to move soon. Working on setting up a 300 with steel stand to consolidate all the above. I need to finish designing my sump and assemble it next.

srb51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lake forest, 225g reef, 170 Red Sea reefer new build , and 20g long working on,

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of any aquarium or glass shops that can build me an aquarium in Socal? Preferably in South OC? I was going to be ordering from glasscages.com but I'm hearing some bad experiences with quality of their tanks.

thanks for any help :)

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a South OC meetup or reef club?
SCMAS is the closest I believe. We meet in Santa Ana just off the 5 at 17th. on the third friday of each month. You can get more details at SCMAS.org. The meetings are free to attend, however membership is well worth the price. You will save way more then the cost of membership each year. This month we have our annual equipment swap.

Oceansize

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I am located in south Orange County and just starting up a new 200 gallon tank! Super stoked for it to be up and running!!

SOUTH Orange County? Never mind...

J/K!!!!

I don't know of any clubs around here either, would love to join one.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SCMAS is the closest I believe. We meet in Santa Ana just off the 5 at 17th. on the third friday of each month. You can get more details at SCMAS.org. The meetings are free to attend, however membership is well worth the price. You will save way more then the cost of membership each year. This month we have our annual equipment swap.

Is it perhaps officialscmas.org

Oceansize

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
San Diego here. I expect all of you to head down south a little and make it to MACNA this September. No excuse to not go when it is in your own backyard. :)

Welcome sheatime. I remember when I just had my 300g tank up and running. It really is a great feeling.

Will my bags of frags survive the trip back to OC? How long can a frag be kept in a bag anyway?

Oceansize

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Proud to be from Costa Mesa! I live right where the 405 & 55 meet. Been looking for a club, I will check out SCMAS. 92 gallon bowfront corner mixed reef, less than a year old, still stocking. What's up OC! I'm happily married, 43, no kids, just cats & fish & a Jeep that gets dirty often.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 47 49.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back