Looks like Love Nassarius Style

Homestarmy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

A couple of months ago I happened across a couple of snails entangled and rolling around the floor of my aquarium. I thought to myself that those snails really like or dislike each other. Turns out it was the former and now I have hundreds of little snails sliding rampart around my tank.

I think they’re Nassau’s, but I’m finding that’s a rather broad term, so I was wondering/hoping if anyone could ID them for me. I can try to get more/better pics if need be.

Thank you!
IMG_1523.jpeg

Scooters Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

A couple of months ago I happened across a couple of snails entangled and rolling around the floor of my aquarium. I thought to myself that those snails really like or dislike each other. Turns out it was the former and now I have hundreds of little snails sliding rampart around my tank.

I think they’re Nassau’s, but I’m finding that’s a rather broad term, so I was wondering/hoping if anyone could ID them for me. I can try to get more/better pics if need be.

Thank you!
IMG_1523.jpeg
Sort of looks like a Welk to me. Which is not a friend and they eat Clams and potentially other snails.
Whelks don’t burrow in the sand. Do you see these burrowing and chilling with their siphon/periscope above the sand whilst they lay beneath?
I’d remove.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back