Lounge

Viperdragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reefbreeder you just need to mount it high. I have the 48 inch over my 75 and have it 16 inches off the water and have great coverage.

JayRozzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek bar- highest priced one is the 79” version at $335
For his needs, would be $190 each
A grand???
Hydra 26 =$270
Not sure where you’re getting these prices
Used
Hydra 26 average is 190 shipped
I just a pair for $400 WITH the mounts
Looking at new prices on BRS.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
Zach B

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Locally Best Fish, online @Cultivated Reef has some really nice pieces and good sales. Plus they are adding more to their coral selection. Best of luck :)

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef Club,

My name is Paul. I started my journey in reefing roughly 15+ years ago when I lived in the south Florida area. At the job I was working, someone had a disused custom made 150 that was gathering dust. This became my first tank which initially consisted of everything I collected from the ocean(water/fish). As my knowledge grew so did my tank, I began to frequent many of the south florida lfs and this soon became a every weekend diversion. I stepped into the world of corals and couldn't turn back.

Fast forward, about 9 months before the global thing happened I decided to uproot my family as I tired of big city living and move to the madison area(little outside and to the south). Seeing that my 150 wasn't in the best shape I decided to not tote it 1400 miles. After settling in, I got a 125 with the desire to grow corals specifically those sticks. It's been a rough journey, and I feel like I'm new to the hobby again. I'm struggling to keep my corals.... fish are doing great though! I miss my old live rock and nearly free sea water.
Ever do any diving?

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bob Nordgren from Athens Ga and a lifelong (36 years in the business) vet vaccine researcher living in my forever house planning my forever tank. My attention to this thread is that we have a family farm in Esofea, which is near Vioqua, near Coon Valley which is near Lacrosse.

First and persistent love is herpetology - and traveled the neotropics in that pursuit, and learned scuba diving with a double hosed regulator - and have been underwater in the Caribbean (mostly Belize), Baja, and Galapagos, still hope to see the Red Sea and Barrier reef, but will likely be with a snorkel at my age.

First fresh water tank was college in mid 70's which led to several salt tanks till about '82 when I moved to Mexico for work, and then moved too often to keep a tank.

In my career in Vet Vaccines, I've studied various species corona viruses for 35 years so found coincidental that it was the Covid shut down that resulted in my buying a used 40 IM cube in May of 20, and 2 Cades (180 and 90 lagoon) and homemade frag.

Does that get me a Wisco badge??

Last edited:

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this post…

Let see.. I started off with a bio with all the bio cubes .. I think 26 gal. Back in 92… couple tanks later ended up with a 180… MH became a cost factor…

Got out ☹ Downsized to a cube 8 years later.. developed a seam leak… .. got a redsea 300xl and now planning on a 300 gallon ( I do think my wife will figure out how to murder me)

Ghostweim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious, do most of you guys order corals online, or do you visit local shops? I'm planning on grabbing some new corals this weekend from best fish and/or aquatics unlimited.
I recently picked up some super nice (and super clean) corals from Tidal Gardens. Will definitely buy from them again. There is also a coral place in the Dells - Hey Dude Corals - that I want to check out. They aren't very far from where I live so it will be a short road trip.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 47 29.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back