M&T's Shallow Rimless Nano Reef

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I swear I am so jealous right now...LOL!

Our tank didn't pan out due to travel and other things. But wow we will live vicariously through you guys!

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the black sand, nice touch. I think it fits the design really well.

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that is amazing.. love the black sand!

What light fixture did you use?

Thank you! It is the 24" Ecoxotic Panorama fixture. We are planning to add two Panorama RGB modules to it, just didn't have enough time this weekend. Overall, we're happy with the fixture, not so much with the tank mounting bracket as it just doesn't seem robust enough.

I swear I am so jealous right now...LOL!

Our tank didn't pan out due to travel and other things. But wow we will live vicariously through you guys!

LOL! You know there is still time to play along... :wink:

I like the black sand, nice touch. I think it fits the design really well.

Thanks Brett!

We had hoped to be further along this weekend, but the storms and power outages slowed us down.

On Sunday, we swapped the (2) new Tunze 6095 nano stream pumps (WOW, they are beasts) with (2) of the 6055's that were in our 300g DT and placed one of the 6055's in the new 30g tank. It is running at a trickle of it's normal power as it is overkill for the little tank, LOL. Surprisingly, the system is much quieter than we expected with the durso drain and the SRO 1000sss skimmer under the stand.

We're hoping to get the ATO setup sometime this week.

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice progress and like the look of the black sand :)

Thanks Barb!

Looking Good Guys! any particular plan for livestock?

Thanks Bob. We plan to add a couple of acan and blasto wellsi colonies along with several small frag colonies of zoas. For fish, we have a small, mated pair of banggai's that are waiting patiently in our refugium. Not sure yet, but we may add a small RBTA since we now have 4 of them in our prop-tank/refugium, LOL. If we decide to do that, we will probably order a nice little pair of designer clowns.

-M&T

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Uusally not a fan of the black sand but I must agree that it looks great and goes very well with this setup!

.Marshall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those 6095's are remarkably powerful! switched out my single 6095 for an mp40 and mp10 and the 6095 had so much more random flow throughout the entire tank (75g) it was rediculous!! Just didnt like it protruding on the inside of the tank :(

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Uusally not a fan of the black sand but I must agree that it looks great and goes very well with this setup!

Thank you! We're not normally into the black sand either, but it does seem to suit this tank.

looks great! awesome build!

Thank you!

Those 6095's are remarkably powerful! switched out my single 6095 for an mp40 and mp10 and the 6095 had so much more random flow throughout the entire tank (75g) it was rediculous!! Just didnt like it protruding on the inside of the tank :(

Yes, they are crazy powerful. :bigsmile:

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

uall8up

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went through this entire thread, and I must say, STUNNING!!! Love the stand, tank, rock work, and the black sand. This is the kind of thread that is an inspiration to the newbies like myself. Thank you for all the updates of your progress.

uall8up

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at Mike and Terry's Shallow Rimless Reef build over on Reef2Reef.com Got a shout out from Tunze on fb!!!

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 49 40.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 62 50.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back