OP
Z

zwalter38

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a huge caulerpa prolifera "field" in my 75g display fuge years ago. I wanted a clear area to feed the angler that lived in its grassy depths so i just pulled it from that area on a regular basis. Probably every few days. It does grow fast. I have heard it can go sexual but In the 6-7 years I had that set up it never happened. I have had a very hard time finding any now that I'm back in. I had to settle for the mexicana "feather" caulerpa this time around and its growing so well I wouldnt have the heart to pull it if I found the prolifera. Also dragons breath is really nice too. Codium is cool I didnt know years ago the codium is supposedly a cooler water species. Might be why mine lived but never really grew well. I love the idea of things like mermaids fans and shaving brush plants I just never had great luck with them. They usually look very drab and ehhh.
that is what my original plan was with the prolifera, but i just got a second tank and I am going to plumb it to be a display refugium.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back