Mangrove tank

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2404.JPG

My wife ordered some
mangroves from Amazon I think. And asked me to use an old 10 gal tank to make a mangrove tank for her.... not sure what’s best but this tank was cycled with no sand I removed the rock added dry sand and stuck mangroves in the sand.... is it this easy? I know it’s ugly old tank but they needed to be set thy were dying I think

OP
OP
James Hammett

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2404.JPG

My wife ordered some
mangroves from Amazon I think. And asked me to use an old 10 gal tank to make a mangrove tank for her.... not sure what’s best but this tank was cycled with no sand I removed the rock added dry sand and stuck mangroves in the sand.... is it this easy? I know it’s ugly old tank but they needed to be set thy were dying I think

IMG_2400.JPG

Top view

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supposedly, it can be that easy. I've had pretty poor luck getting mangroves to grow consistently. I think one of the key items is to spray them with freshwater as often as possible.

chris85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much.... Just make sure there is some kind of nutrients for the mangroves to feed on. And maybe get them out the water a few inches. The will grow prop roots and make its way to the substrate over time. Keep us updated.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back