Marine Ich or Fungal Disease on Declvis

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a Declivis Butterfly 2 weeks ago and because I was inpatient I didn't QT him.. That was a huge mistake. My Mitratus seemed to develop Marine Ich and I am treating with Metro & Focus. He was doing good, but today looks like the spots came back...

My Declivis looked real bad, so I pulled him out of the tank and put in QT.. My only question is i can't tell if its marine ich or some sort of fin gal disease. He has been scratching pretty bad on the rocks so I was thinking it was just some scratched off scales, but i sent this video to a friend and he said it looked possibly like a fungal disease...

Need some input so I can treat correctly...

and i know QT all fish... so no need to remind me of this =)

Click on pic for video

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor fish. Good luck with treatment and getting him better. He is gorgeous. In looking at him I don't seen any signs of ich, but can't be for sure. Definitely looks like he scratched himself up good. Definitely keep an eye on that. Hopefully someone else will have a better idea of what it might be and a good treatment option.

OP
OP
R

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor fish. Good luck with treatment and getting him better. He is gorgeous. In looking at him I don't seen any signs of ich, but can't be for sure. Definitely looks like he scratched himself up good. Definitely keep an eye on that. Hopefully someone else will have a better idea of what it might be and a good treatment option.
Thanks Chrissie... i'll say this... never again from NYAquatics... too long a story,,, but quality is horrible.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the fish have the little white spots that look like grains of salt? Are those sores slimy? Any other symptoms? Loss of appetite?

OP
OP
R

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to see on this fish. My mitratus definitely has ich. And is being treated. He was fine until one week after declivis was added.

This one looks bad but eats like a champ. He's been eating metro/focus mixed into his food for past 1.5 weeks... But today he looked beat up... So I pulled him out. He's not slimey or anything... But he def doesn't look healthy. I just want to make sure interest him correctly since he can be beautiful fish.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your other one has ich, so does the Declivis, butterflies are notorious for it. Metro isn't gonna do anything for you n the ich department though. It's really hard to diagnose but I would treat for ich and go from there.

OP
OP
R

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your other one has ich, so does the Declivis, butterflies are notorious for it. Metro isn't gonna do anything for you n the ich department though. It's really hard to diagnose but I would treat for ich and go from there.

Yeah I thought he did... Was just curious if it also had a bacteria infection and what to treat with. Ideas??? Would it be bad to do copper and some type of bacteria meds? And which one would people suggest?

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure on the sores but you may want to do formalin baths or something to prevent infection. Hopefully M&T will see this, Terry is pretty good with this stuff.

OP
OP
R

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B7D1895E-AE9A-473A-8AFF-335B52598D59-13374-0000025B64928848_zpsc9614c89.jpg

Well it didn't make it. I tried treating for a bacterial infection but it was too late. The infection was too severe. the missing scales are from rubbing on the rocks. The fish looked bad since day 2 and I credit it to the horrible quality at NYAquatics. This is the last fish I will ever get from them even though I still have $300 in credit. Between my 3 friends and I, we had 5 borbs, 1 tang hybrid and this one all die within 2 weeks of receiving. The kicker is it got my mitratus sick but he's eating and being treated.

I want to thank Brett at nicewrasse.com, he answered ALL million of my questions and this wasn't even a fish from him. That goes to show how much he cares about all these animals. He literally answered over 45 pm's in 3-4 day span and most of the time I got replies within 5 min. I have since told him to keep an eye out for another declivis for me. Brett has definitely won my business. =)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 1 3.7%
Back