Mars aqua led fixtures

Daniel86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank size

Toddhgr. . What size tank is that you have got I'm running a 5ft 500litre and was wondering weather I should go with 2x 300w or 3 165w?? What would you suggest? ?
Cheers pal.

OP
OP
Big Larr

Big Larr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3ft Tank and the 300w fixture is 32" long For the 5 ft tank I would use three of the 165w fixtures due to the fact that two of the 300w would be a little longer than the tank if you had them side by side

sky_mac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same fixture and even I have few frags I've been acclimating them to this lights. Right now I'm almost at 50% whites 50% blues. Increasing 10% every week. What about you guys? What % are you using and how tall are your tanks?

Fishfreak_MA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them and get mixed results. Some SPS loves this light and colors up well while others brown and still other bleach. LPS seems to do okay but I have to keep it at the bottom. Move it up at all and it gets bleach spots on it. I'm actually going to do a project today to replace the 3500 LED which is very yellow with some 20k LED bulbs to brighten up the output some. I've also thought about replacing the lenses to 120 degree to spread out the light a little more. I feel like the 90 creates some hot spots. All in all not a bad light at all though. You can definitely grow coral with it as is.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 11.1%
Back