Mcculloch's Clownfish (Pair)

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OUCH...MY WALLET...I almost spit my coffee all over the keyboard when I saw that...$6,000.00. Beautiful fish but never in my wildest dreams would I spend 6 grand for a fish, not even a pair. It would kill me cause if I spent that much I'd be sitting up 24/7 watching it to make sure nothing happened to it.

Fish n' Frags

Gold Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, i'd love a pair. I just can't afford that, (don't know who could). I think they have a very subtle beauty to em', but i've always been fond of the larger clownfish.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The story is that they allowed the person selling them to collect for propagation, but he's decided not to (or that's what I've heard). These can't be collected legally any more, so this is a rare fish in the hobby, if all I've heard is true (and I have no reason to doubt those I've heard it from). That's a big price tag, though.

Last edited:

W Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are illegal to collect. The guy that those came from is the person that was granted the only permit to collect them and he is breeding them. The price tag is high but is well justified considering what he went through personally and financially to get them. On top of bringing another impossible to get species to the hobby.

OP
OP
rebelprettyboy

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Psh I cant afford those Ed.
Gotta remember im a poor 20 yr old college just gettin by in my Apt. lol...
Plus you kniw I want my dang Candy Basslet. It just has to wait. Until then im still fishless

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 61 46.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back