McCulloch's clownfish WOW!

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6grand ! dang! personally i think their ugly.... poor lil things....

Saltysteele

Bret
View Badges
Reaction score
in a van, down by the river in South Haven, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just like anything else: supply and demand. a reefer on another forum was getting some of these, but something got messed around, and he didn't get them in the end. something about not being able to export them from australia?

i think they're kinda cool. that's kind of a dark picture. the other pix i've seen have shown they're more of a steel blue/gray

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't imagine spending $6000 on 2 fish. You'd have to really love them.

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not exactly 'supply and demand' with mccs... It's more like they are endemic to one area of the world where all hopes of future collection ended with mrblue. Not the prettiest clowns in the trade but it is exciting to see them being sold...hope someone experienced picks them up so more are seen in the future.

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1

And you could have bough them from one of our sponsors a few months back for a 1/3 of the price.
It's not exactly 'supply and demand' with mccs... It's more like they are endemic to one area of the world where all hopes of future collection ended with mrblue. Not the prettiest clowns in the trade but it is exciting to see them being sold...hope someone experienced picks them up so more are seen in the future.

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats really cool is that there were two pair and the other pair are going to a breeding effort :)

There is always something for every level in this hobby.

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=55412

+1

And you could have bough them from one of our sponsors a few months back for a 1/3 of the price.
tell me who has them please sir

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost anyways,

He didnt buy them because there was no live arrival guarantee for the wholesaler. Which is crazy on something that expensive.

Personally i think they are nasty looking. But, i also think a lot of the crazy clowns are less than desirable. Not saying they arent nice, just not my taste.

I still think its pretty hard to beat a good pair of true percs.

+1

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not to mention unless you are an absolute idiot, if you are breeding a fish like that worth 6 grand a pair you would probobly make sure all your offspring are sterile so no one else can breed them...so i wouldnt get any ideas about buying this pair and breeding them...

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really dont think anyone would go through the trouble of sterilizing off spring.

Not to mention, ANYONE buying these is going to attempt to breed them, i doubt at this point, anyone is buying them because they are "cool to own"

Ive heard the sterile argument many times, has anyone verified if this is ever possible?

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its more than possible infact its incredibly easy to do and there are about a dozen ways to do it...

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 50 43.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 54 46.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back