Melanurus Wrasse got bite?

omiwu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two with same problem, it looks like was bitten by something. And die the next day, anyone had the same problem before?
thumbnail_image2 (1).jpg
thumbnail_image3.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have two with same problem, it looks like was bitten by something. And die the next day, anyone had the same problem before?
thumbnail_image2 (1).jpg
thumbnail_image3.jpg
Looks more like a superficial injury than a bite which is often circular in pattern. This would has potental for infection and fish should be placed in separate quarantine tank and treated with seachem neoplex. Also add aeration with air stone and monitor water quality.
Is fish breathing normal or labored?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thumbnail_image2 (1).jpg
thumbnail_image3.jpg
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Wrasses are susceptible to Uronema, and internal protozoan disease. This looks a lot like an injury, but is caused by a protozoan.

OP
OP
O

omiwu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks more like a superficial injury than a bite which is often circular in pattern. This would has potental for infection and fish should be placed in separate quarantine tank and treated with seachem neoplex. Also add aeration with air stone and monitor water quality.
Is fish breathing normal or labored?
it was gone the next day :(

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
no anemones and stinging corals, just some peppermint shrimp, sea urchin and some turbo snails.
And did you put the two melanurus wrasses in the same tank at the same time? Or one dies and you replaced it and then that one dies too?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
it was gone the next day :(
Sorry to hear. This is not aggression or stinging and uronema mentioned is a possibility but the location would seem odd.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back