Melissa's Red Sea Max S650

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear about the loss of your fur baby. :( That's a real tough thing to have to go through.

Best of luck moving forward and congrats on the marriage!

OP
OP
UConnMel

UConnMel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for your condolences and well wishes to getting back into the hobby. I've done a couple solid water changes in anticipation of some new corals being purchased this weekend. I'll be sure to post pics of what I'm able to snag :)

OP
OP
UConnMel

UConnMel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current FTS for those wondering what 10 months of neglect looks like. And my new angels. Multibar still staying in the safety of his little hole, avoiding the purple tang wrath.

IMG_4729.JPG

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current FTS for those wondering what 10 months of neglect looks like. And my new angels. Multibar still staying in the safety of his little hole, avoiding the purple tang wrath.

IMG_4729.JPG
10 months neglect looks great!!
Good to hear from you again!

OP
OP
UConnMel

UConnMel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so in an effort to get some color back in my tank I may have gone a little overboard. I also admit the competitive nature of the WWC sales is a weakness for me ;) Here's what I ended up getting from them and ASD.
IMG_4757.JPG
IMG_4765.JPG
IMG_4771.JPG
IMG_4782.JPG
IMG_4785.JPG

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok, so in an effort to get some color back in my tank I may have gone a little overboard. I also admit the competitive nature of the WWC sales is a weakness for me ;) Here's what I ended up getting from them and ASD.
IMG_4757.JPG
IMG_4765.JPG
IMG_4771.JPG
IMG_4782.JPG
IMG_4785.JPG
WOW!! This is gonna be awesome!

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the loss of your fur baby. :( That's a real tough thing to have to go through.

Best of luck moving forward and congrats on the marriage!
Sorry to about your loss of your baby. I know it can be awhile. I've lost three in the last six years

Jimmy G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't hit a set-back, but just some confusion as far as the plumbing is concerned. All diagrams, videos, etc of the Red Sea Max S series do not have the 2 filter socks shown in the below pictures. I wasn't sure if I had the down piping in correctly since it seemed like they should line up with the filter socks. However, after a few calls and images sent to Crystal at Red Sea Max, she assured me that I have this set up correctly. This is simply the newest version of the S series sump, which is more similar to the brand new Red Sea Reefer series. So if any of you are putting together new Red Sea S Series, it should look like this!

Everything else has been assembled and is ready to go. Lights, of course, were the most exciting part. The T5's are COMPLETELY silent, which is great. I'm used to the noise of my dad's metal halides ramping up. Now time to bring some water up and test this baby out.
RedSeaMax S650 Sump1.JPG
RedSeaMax S650 Sump2.JPG
RedSeaMax S650 Sump3.JPG
RedSeaMax S650 Sump4.JPG
Hi Mel, I read your entire thread, from start to end. You really did an amazing job, I just purchased the same tank Red Sea 650 max, going to pick it up this weekend. I'm going to do what you did and document its stages on this fourm. You have really inspired me to do so.

I have been reading for a couple months a ton about the tank I wanted, I'm super new and super nervous about the start up, with cycling and what I need in my sump. Of course when you read a ton, you get a 1000 different opinions and ways, not that its a bad thing but can be confusing at times. I would like to follow what you did, I have done enough reading and understand that theres not a fool proof way thats for sure. I'm a little confused on what I need in my sump. As I have purchased the RS 650 slightly used it doesnt come with a skimmer. I know you purchased a sump even though the tank came with its own and the gentleman that I purchased the aquarium from had the same thoughts of you with the skimmer it came with. What skimmer do you recommend? I know that I might have to purchase the sock filters. I know I read in your thread that you dont need your skimmer when you cycle your tank for the first time, is that correct? I'm just a little confused on what else I will need in my sump and was wondering would you share a picture with me on what you have in yours so I can try to replicate in mine. Its tough because I live in a very small town thats 2 hours away from a major center. Its difficult at times to get into an aquarium shop. I apologize about all the questions. : ) Cheers Jimmy

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back