Mentor in Tampa area wanted

ClearwaterReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a FOWLR for 6 years. Just now entering into reefing. I have a plan and ideas but not anyone local who isn't trying to sell me something that I talk to and run ideas past. Must have tank that is thriving and preferably not crazy. lol Message me and we can go from there.

PS. I'm well aware that posting here like it's the personal is ridiculous, but again, I don't have any friends with tanks and anyone at any of the LFS are just trying to sell what they have. I want to learn from someone who does reefing as a hobby and for enjoyment, not as an income.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,just jump in some builds ,start making friends,you will find reefers near you,we can all help from around the world.. ;) :cool:

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will learn everything from here, talking to one person is fine but that person only has their ideas, on here there are loads of ideas, every tank runs differently, so read, and ask questions on here and you will soon learn, so many different nationalities on here too, its a fantastic place to be, and there is not a single question that cannot be answered, the wealth of knowledge is incredible.

KeMiKiLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll have a wealth of information if you research and are active here. Pidgeon-holing yourself into one person's mindset is not good either. Here you can get perspective from thousands of hobbyists and if someone gives incorrect information, it'll be corrected pretty quickly. No two tanks are the same so it's better to widen your perspective.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back