Micro bubble project

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm currently going to do an experiment with skimmers by lowering the salinity (as we know bubbles are smaller in saline water)then compare the difference in waste collected. It's going to be a report for a project so I am going to have a controlled environment where I add controlled substances. I'm thinking of adding amino acids as waste the sample waste. Have any ideas? Also it would be great if you could link me to some pdf papers on microbubbles and water treatment sites. Stuff like how and why hydrophobic substances are allowed to be extracted because of the bubbles.

Many thanks!

Wicky48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm currently going to do an experiment with skimmers by lowering the salinity (as we know bubbles are smaller in saline water)then compare the difference in waste collected. It's going to be a report for a project so I am going to have a controlled environment where I add controlled substances. I'm thinking of adding amino acids as waste the sample waste. Have any ideas? Also it would be great if you could link me to some pdf papers on microbubbles and water treatment sites. Stuff like how and why hydrophobic substances are allowed to be extracted because of the bubbles.

Many thanks!
You may find this article useful. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-07048-4

W@tchm@n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this forum...

How in the world do u guys come up with ideas like this... And more importantly, where do you find the time to run experiments like this?

Most days I can barely remember my name [emoji23]

Wicky48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's ok, you don't need a name to run experiments. ;) To be honest I spend a lot of free time on this hobby and am so glad my wife likes it too. :)

Bruce

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back