MP 40 flow program for 5' tank

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60" x 24" mixed reef with an MP 40 on each side and would like to see someones successful flow program. Tank is 22" deep and pwr heads are pretty much opposite each other 9" below the surface. I'm thinking I should not have them facing each other. Attached is the program that came up after hooking up my MXM Apex module. Thanks for helping out a clueless beginner.

IMG_1106.png

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TWYOUNG welcome to R2R. Two thoughts here.

First, I would place the MP 40s at different levels in the tank. The goal is to get water flow / currents throughout the tank. So the rockwork will guide placement. I’d at least consider placing them at different depths and one towards the front and one towarss the back.

Second, if you use the Mobius app (sorry I don’t have MXM) they have some great programs. I have my 120G running “reef crest” mode while lights are on and “tidal swell” at night. I’ve also programmed in 30 min transitions and a 30 min nutrient transport. Since they are on opposite walls set them as master/space and one in anti-sync

Good luck!

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TWYOUNG welcome to R2R. Two thoughts here.

First, I would place the MP 40s at different levels in the tank. The goal is to get water flow / currents throughout the tank. So the rockwork will guide placement. I’d at least consider placing them at different depths and one towards the front and one towarss the back.

Second, if you use the Mobius app (sorry I don’t have MXM) they have some great programs. I have my 120G running “reef crest” mode while lights are on and “tidal swell” at night. I’ve also programmed in 30 min transitions and a 30 min nutrient transport. Since they are on opposite walls set them as master/space and one in anti-sync

Good luck!
Thanks. I raised one and lowered the opposite side. Also moved them so they are slightly offset but due to rock they both need to be in the front third. I'm especially curious how fast you run yours. Mine max out at 50% during the day and 10-20% at night.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I raised one and lowered the opposite side. Also moved them so they are slightly offset but due to rock they both need to be in the front third. I'm especially curious how fast you run yours. Mine max out at 50% during the day and 10-20% at night.
I have a 4’ tank with a MP40 on one side and another along the back wall. So slightly different configuration. I run side one the Reef Crest mode at 65% and Tidal Swell at 60%. The rear one is 80% of the master setting.

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4’ tank with a MP40 on one side and another along the back wall. So slightly different configuration. I run side one the Reef Crest mode at 65% and Tidal Swell at 60%. The rear one is 80% of the master setting.
Wow! That's more than I thought. What kinds of corals?

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to run mine, front one high on the glass pointed up for surface agitation. Back, toward the bottom to move settling detritus but not low enough to stir up substrate

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to run mine, front one high on the glass pointed up for surface agitation. Back, toward the bottom to move settling detritus but not low enough to stir up substrate
Can't really do the back due to rock and center overflow. Settling for more towards the front and high, and a little back and lower.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back