Date
: Saturday, September 12, 2015
Time: 6pm
Where: 7 Seas Aquatics
Address: 260 W Main St Suite 212, Hendersonville, Tennessee
Topic: RO/DI Set up and maintenance

FB_IMG_1439434623762_zpsiog2twcr.jpg

(DISCLAIMER: Raffles
are for paid members only. Any and all possible discounts are to be determined by the host.)

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is the meeting for paid members only? I understand raffles and all that but not just the meeting.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is the meeting for paid members only? I understand raffles and all that but not just the meeting.

At the meetings hosted by our local fish stores we ask that only paid members attend due to the discounts provided by the stores.

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you make the discounts only apply to the paid members. If everyone has their card it should be easy to manage. This doesn't exactly seem like the way to grow the club and feel inviting to everyone.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you make the discounts only apply to the paid members. If everyone has their card it should be easy to manage. This doesn't exactly seem like the way to grow the club and feel inviting to everyone.

Maybe it isn't the best way. But, there have to be perks and benefits to being a paid member. There are plenty of other meetings that a prospective member could attend.

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it isn't the best way. But, there have to be perks and benefits to being a paid member. There are plenty of other meetings that a prospective member could attend.

Yeah if you want to drive to Murfreesboro or smyrna. This is a perfect meeting for the northern Nashville folk. Members already get a discount at these stores so what is the added benefit other than the raffle?

Defective_Weeble

Salty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah if you want to drive to Murfreesboro or smyrna. This is a perfect meeting for the northern Nashville folk. Members already get a discount at these stores so what is the added benefit other than the raffle?

It's a matter of seeing what works and what doesn't. We are experimenting to see what it takes to get meeting attendance up and new members in the door. What we've done in the past hasn't worked so we are trying new things.

It might stick, it might not. At the end of the day we have to let the numbers tell the story.

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a matter of seeing what works and what doesn't. We are experimenting to see what it takes to get meeting attendance up and new members in the door. What we've done in the past hasn't worked so we are trying new things.

It might stick, it might not. At the end of the day we have to let the numbers tell the story.

Limiting who can come to meetings will be sure to get attendance up

Defective_Weeble

Salty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Limiting who can come to meetings will be sure to get attendance up

Actually attendance and membership are both up. This call was made in response to members who expressed concerns that there wasn't enough of a benefit to being in the club.

I get it. We aren't going to please everyone. That is a simple fact. So all we can do is ask you to trust that the calls that the BOD makes are for the good of the club. If you don't trust that, or disagree with them, elections happen early next year and you're welcome to throw your hat in the ring to try something different.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The four members of the BoD work hard at trying to make the club as beneficial to the MEMBERS as possible and try to give people reasons to want to join, beyond just the discounts (meetings, give always, extra discounts and such included.) Its as simple as actually being a MEMBER of the club to get the BENEFITS of being in the club. We're trying to make things as consistent as possible, (less meeting locations, meetings the same weekend every month) better communication (monthly newsletter, more usage of social media.) We've probably had some of the best raffle prizes this year that the club has ever had. Tried to have more organization at the meetings with actual discussion topics. And we have. There is no doubt about that. But, as Brad mentioned, we cannot please everyone but, I'd rather try and please our members.

So, I ask this: You're a former member, why haven't you reupped your membership?

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw no benefit to the club other than the discounts. Honestly I get a discount now when dealing with them anyway. I tried hosting a meeting and 4 people showed up, you included. If I wanted to go to more meetings I would have to drive at least an hour everytime. I also never felt very welcomed. There were several of you that would talk to me but it was clear who was in the "click" and who wasnt.

I do think you guys are making giant strides to making the club better but limiting the meetings to only club members is not very smart in my opinion. However, I don't run the club and don't have the time to. It would be very easy to have everyone show their membership card when checking out to get the extra discounts. Pretty easy if you guys finally got everyone their cards. I asked at least 4 times and never did get one. Again, you guys are doing a great job. These are just my thoughts. I guess I have to be the one to open my mouth since Chris isn't around much anymore :p

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw no benefit to the club other than the discounts. Honestly I get a discount now when dealing with them anyway. I tried hosting a meeting and 4 people showed up, you included. If I wanted to go to more meetings I would have to drive at least an hour everytime. I also never felt very welcomed. There were several of you that would talk to me but it was clear who was in the "click" and who wasnt.

I do think you guys are making giant strides to making the club better but limiting the meetings to only club members is not very smart in my opinion. However, I don't run the club and don't have the time to. It would be very easy to have everyone show their membership card when checking out to get the extra discounts. Pretty easy if you guys finally got everyone their cards. I asked at least 4 times and never did get one. Again, you guys are doing a great job. These are just my thoughts. I guess I have to be the one to open my mouth since Chris isn't around much anymore :p

You're not saying anything new. No matter where the meetings are people are going to have to travel. The majority of the meetings are in Smyrna, fair or not that is where they are. This is the Middle Tennessee Reef Club, key word: Middle. As far as I know all CURRENT MEMBERS have their membership cards, if you don't please PM me and I'll get them in the mail.

There is nothing I can do about your feelings. If you didn't feel welcomed I don't think that is the clubs or BoD's fault. I try to speak with as many people as I can at every meeting, do I talk to everyone? No. Sometimes you've got to go outside of your comfort zone to expand your horizons. I'm not comfortable speaking in front of people and yet, I've had to multiple times for the club this year.

Sorry you don't agree with the policy. If you're wanting to check out the club again feel free to join us in October in Smyrna.

roadrashpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm done with this. My feelings were not hurt, just giving my honest opion. Takes a lot more than this pety crap to upset me. Have a good meeting.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm done with this. My feelings were not hurt, just giving my honest opion. Takes a lot more than this pety crap to upset me. Have a good meeting.

As I was just giving mine.

Thanks, we'll do our best.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Announcement. After some discussion this meeting will be open to the public. Yes, non-members are welcome to join us but will not be able to participate in the raffles. It is up to the store owner/employees to judge who can and cannot receive the discounts.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back