MXM Arrived Broken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Did anyone else experience this? The USB ports are loose - pushing in when I tried to plug in the aquabus and the MXM rattled as I unboxed it.

Manufacture date is June 6th.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Russ. Wasn’t sure if I needed to go through Premium Aquatics since I just purchased it. I’ve messaged support.
Neptune directly will ship you a new one… I just had this experience with a used brain unit EL and it was stuck in a boot loader.. it’s older it was used and second hand I reached out and they had me drop a $200 deposit… they shipped me a refurbished one and upon receiving mine and seeing it was a hardware issued me a refund for my deposit with no questions asked! And they paid the shipping! That was my first experience with them personally and they went way above and beyond what I could ever ask for!

OP
OP
ronnie

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Turns out this was an easy fix. There isn’t a set of screws holding the board in the case. Just two pieces of foam. One piece hadn’t been applied yet. I put it “vertically” behind the piece of foam you see in the case to keep it from being able to push back

IMG_3570.jpeg

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out this was an easy fix. There isn’t a set of screws holding the board in the case. Just two pieces of foam. One piece hadn’t been applied yet. I put it “vertically” behind the piece of foam you see in the case to keep it from being able to push back

IMG_3570.jpeg
Bless Neptune and 'innovation'. Its just a mobius chip on a board for 119$.

Good you fixed it OP, but Neptune ia seriously slacking if they are shipping that MXM like that.

At least the older modules I've owned either screwed to the case or had standoffs for the board to drop on to.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back