prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all so much!!!

I am not a big fan of props in the tank but you have done it so well that I like it very much! HA! Looks great!

I'm not into props either. But they do love swimming in and out through the columns as well as hiding in it at night. I also thought once the frags grow out with some nice branching acros it might look pretty cool semi hidden under it all.

Oh my goodness, I love it!!
Thank you :D

As big as a 125G is, could the PB be stressed from being in to small of an enviornment?

I love the roman ruins.

I wondered that myself but he seems to be perfectly happy when I put him in a 10g qt.

The YT really is a bully in my tank though. He swims around chasing everyone out of their homes showing them who's boss. I'm considering finding him a new home due to it.

Thank you, me too... haha like from the lost city of atlantis!

125g mixed reef Peninsula

Last edited:
OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really nice, I typically don't like props either but it looks really great the way you have it.

Thank you!

I can't wait until it's all grown out and it looks more hidden than like a focal point. At least that was my plan in its placement....

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a new reactor today, green spot dragonet and another orange spot sandsifter (this guy is for my daughters 27g hex tank), some salt and fittings to connect 2 reators to one pump (for energy cost, heat and space saving).

So tonight's plans are:

Clean the sump, reef octopus skimmer, all sump pumps and power heads getting a good vinegar soak, changing out GAC and GFO media, and filter sock as well as HOB overflow pre-filters. Then cutting new tubing for reactors and putting it all back in place. This way on Sunday all I have to do is wipe down T5s and LED lenses and a 25g water change. Then I'll be good to go for another 2 weeks for cleaning and water changes :)

Everything tested well except PO4 is creeping up but the rowasphos will take care of that ;)
I could really use some new cheato... no one near has any :(

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leather coral with a problem? I've had this leather for 2 years from just a tiny little frag. Lately it has gotten lots of finger type sections on it rather than just 3-4. A couplr of weeks ago one of them turned white at the bottom and the upper portion greyed and folded down until it broke off. i thought it may have been an injury. it healed and the piece went mia in the tank. now another is doing this. any ideas???
uploadfromtaptalk1348682772662.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1348682842221.jpg

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity: 1.025
TDS: 0.008
NO3: 0
PO4: 0.08
MAG: 1350
CA: 480
ALK: 9 DKH
PH: 7.8 (this just won't come up and stay up)
Temp: 79

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to do a few changes to my system. I purchased a new return pump (a mag 9.5) so to double the return. I am also getting rid of the MJs and replacing with a jebao wp40.There is a severe case of dinos going on and will be dealing with that while contructing a spray bar that will be placed on the bottom across the sand bed (consealed by lr) then adding more lr and rearranging corals according to type. This way I can have one section SPS dominant. Lol. I only have 1 acro atm but want more!

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But first the nightmare dinos have to go. Tomorrow will be a looooong day cleaning lr and getting rid of all I can before lights out. I made a dozen filter socks to use for the job and will be changing them out every 12 hours. Stocked up on peroxide & mb7 to dose daily as well a some good gac and extra salt for big water changes. Blackout trash bags will be on the tank by tomorrow night. Wish me luck ;)

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dinos are gone! I also changed the drains and returns and added 40lbs more LR and tossed the MJ PHs for a Jebao WP40. I love the new PH!!! I am also very happy that I made one of the returns into a sand bed spray bar under the LR. It's working beautifully :) the flow in this tank is 5x better and more efficient than before. PH for the first time is 8.2 & alk is 9dkh at the same time :) Through it all I lost my orange spot sandsifter goby and a red monti digi. :(

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Vedy nice!

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! It's been a long uphill battle ;)

My kids named the PB Moose lol. It took 9 months in and out of qt due to stress from the yellow tang but they are friends now and he's been happy and healthy for 5 months since coming out of qt.

Jackie
125g mixed reef peninsula

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my blue monster acro is making a comeback I purchased another acro. Not sure of the name but it's a maricultured acro, yellow with purple tips. And while I was doing that I ordered a 6 line wrasse and 3 dispar anthias. I can't wait until the arrive :)

Jackie
125g mixed reef peninsula

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pics!!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 37 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back