OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to get some new pics. Everything thing is coming along nicely now. Got a super nice small colony of green milli from angel and picked up a frag of ora rose milli. Wish I had more to share.

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great build!your cube looks great
Thank you very much it is hard since I work out of town. Most of the daily work is done by my wife but I have automated as much as I can. She is also taking care of our 3 kids at the same time so I try and limit how much she has to do. Hopefully posting some pics next weekend.

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news to report today but all is good and cleaned up and all equipment and sump cleaned up! Well here are the pics.
uploadfromtaptalk1427509098820.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427509120163.jpg

As you can see been very eventful and sad just when things were starting to come together and corals were growing good. =( Already called lfs and ordered a brand new tank and should be here next Thursday. Gonna start making water and getting things ready for the arrival.

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All corals and fish made it through besides 1 yellow tang. My lumatek ballast got fried also but other than that the house is okay and my nerves are shot.lol

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not 100% why it busted but I have a clue and the problem will be fixed tomorrow. My wife was home when it happened so she was on water detail quick. Had to dump all the water it was just coming out to fast to try and save it all. So I will have to start it over with all fresh salt water. Guess there could be worse things.

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not 100% why it busted but I have a clue and the problem will be fixed tomorrow. My wife was home when it happened so she was on water detail quick. Had to dump all the water it was just coming out to fast to try and save it all. So I will have to start it over with all fresh salt water. Guess there could be worse things.

Sorry Bobby! Makes me nervous, let me know your thoughts so I can try and learn from your unfortunate circumstance!

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angel and I are going to support the bottom better by putting a piece of 3/4 plywood on top of the stand. Going to try and give it a good sturdy base to sit on.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Sorry that you are dealing with this. :(

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well no tank this week. The new one I ordered came in with a huge scratch on one pane of glass. Also the bottom trim in one corner was shattered. Trim was so bad that the tank is no good anymore. Hopefully next week when the replacement of this tank comes in it will be good to go.

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like this thread will come to a close. With all the Marineland tanks breaking for whatever reason. I am not willing to put another one in my house. Thanks for everyone's input on my build. I am not out of the hobby I will be getting another small tank to hold my corals and a few fish till I can have one built I can trust. Whatever I do get I will start a build thread on, this was my first build thread I have done and it was neat to look back at everything. Good bye for now!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back