My 2 Island, 335g tank

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've followed your tank and enjoyed your pictures for years. Great new shots! Thanks for posting them.

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying something new. We will see how it turns out with time. I added a couple of Morrish Idols. So far they have just been eating off the rocks and mysponges in the rocks. Hopefully they will follow the other fishes lead and start eating frozen LRS.
_MG_5713.jpg

_MG_5754.jpg

FL_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brad your tank tank is truly inspiring! Can you share a little about how it has come to be such a great tank? Do you dose? CA reactor? Water changes? That sort of thing. Thanks

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe in great equipment. Deltec is my choice. I run a Deltec AP 702 protein skimmer, Deltec PF 600s calcium reactor and Deltec fluidized reactor for Rowaphos, also a Korallin Bio-Denitrator for nitrate control and ozone. I do weekly 30 g waterchanges and clean all of the equipment and also have a AC bag in my filter sock.
One day when my equipment breaks down I will hit Bill Wann up to get replacements. :).

09-15-2011019-1.jpg

jstuver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't believe I live so close to you yet still haven't came to see your tank! Someday I will see it:) Love seeing all your pictures, your tank is amazing!

OP
OP
Brad Syphus

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know why either Jackie. I'm 5 minutes off of I15, 5300 so exit.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully they will start eating the Reef Frenzy® like their neighbors. The tank looks beautiful as always!

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great Brad i always see pics on Fb but didn't really see to much of FTS ..whats in your sump area is that a fuge and whats all the way to the right. And what are you dosing?

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe he uses skimmer, ca RX, and the Korallin Bio-Denitrator. Could also have a fuge in there, I'm not sure. Brad, I was wondering if you could give me some advice? I am strongly considering getting the Korallin Bio-Denitrator for nitrate removal. I've never used a Sulfer Reactor before. What's your verdict on the Korallin reactor? Is it pretty maintenance free? What work goes into running it, and have you experienced any issues? Pros/cons and anything else about it you can think of? Thanks, I really appreciate it. I've been looking for someone with experience with this reactor to bother with questions so I really appreciate any help you can send my way

DanConnor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supreme tank, Brad. Do you mind my asking what kind of sand you have on the bottom? I was thinking of going bare bottom on the tank I'm setting up, but thinking I would like to be able to keep some wrasses happy...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My good goodness this is my fav!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 6.9%
Back