My 210 Custom Rebuild

kyle1284

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my wife and I wanted to move closer to our family so we started looking for houses last summer. We put our house on the market and with in 2 days received a full price offer and then the clock was ticking to find a house, get a very well established 210 gallon broken down, moved to my parents house, set back up in a Rubbermaid container, and the holes plugged in the wall from running the plumbing. Everything went smooth but a week later the entire system crashed at my moms house and I lost all of my livestock. It was rough. I almost didn’t want to start things back up, but I missed having a tank and my wife and little girl wanted to watch the fish while I am at work. So the planning began.
My only qualification for the new house is that it had a room specifically for the tank. No other distractions at all in that room. We found a beautiful house at a great price and made a move on it. We a moved to Spring, TX last August and the planning began. My wife let me have the HUGE wall that is perpendicular to our pool that and things started getting things planned out. During this build I am going to make sure any custom adds I am making, need to be able to smoothly transfer to a larger tank that I will be wanting in the future.
I want the tank to be as low maintenance as possible and since I do not have the luxury to have a fishroom, I am building 2 cabinets to house the equipment. 20 gallon top off water reservoir, 20 gallon water change reservoir that I plan to replace with a 80 gallon tank out of acrylic in the future that will have a 25 gallon top off and a 55 gallon water change area. That will take the space of one cabinet and the other will be storage of other equiptment and in the future a frag tank or a larger fuge. One of the primary focuses is to make sure all noise is at a bare minimal level or even non-existent. The tank is going to be built around a Herbie style over flow system. I am planning to utilize all 4 factory drilled holes for the Herbie style overflow. One in each overflow for the full siphon and one in each over flow for the emergency over flow. The return will go up the wall, over the tank and through the canopy with 4 return nozzles
The tank is going to be a SPS dominating tank with a open aquascape. I like the look of sand to much to give it up and go bare bottom and my little girl wants starfish to be roaming the tank. It will most likely have 2-3 islands with plenty of caves.
For now, the systems equipment is going to be comprised of:
Everything controlled by my APEX
210 Gallon tank
A custom 5 chamber sump that I am going to make
Geo 818 CaRx with a aquarium plants co2 regulator
DIY kalk stirrer
Reeflo hybrid gold return pump
3- AI Hydra 52’s controlled by APEX (Possible 4 in the future)
Tunze ATO
ASM G-4X Skimmer(thinking about modding it)
20 Gallon fresh water top off and a 20 gallon water change tank, for now
There will be reactors being used for the system. I am just not sure if I want to dose carbon or not, and if I do, in what form. I need to do more research.
I have lots and lots of dead, live rock from my latest tank crash. Most of it is dry and I am thinking about cooking it but not sure how and have not began doing research on how to remove all the phosphates as humanly possible and any information that my fellow reefing friends can provide would be much appreciated. Pics are soon to follow of plumbing plans and cabinets that I have built so far.

OP
OP
kyle1284

kyle1284

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cabinet Skins on each side of my 210

The room i will have behind the 210 for plumbing

First time doing cabinet doors. Not a bad fit for a first time.
dance.gif

Almost finished

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back