OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was running a barracuda pump, connected to an oceans motions 4 way. It delivered it to 5- 1" returns along the back wall, so they could flow across the bottom and stir things up. I just switched that pump out to a vectra l1 though. Now I will be running that pump to the oceans motions 4 way, with just 3 returns across the back, the other 2 holes will become intakes for another vectra l1 that I will return to the top front corners on sea swirls.....

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image_zpstfqvf1ck.jpeg

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new saltwater holding tank arrived the other day! I got it into the room pretty easily, now I just need a mixing pump, and I have to choose a pump to do the water changes with. I plan to change 5 gallons a day..... The resivore is 150 gallons so I'll only have to fill it about every 30 days!

image_zpsxwyssyjk.jpeg

image_zps69j7qmqo.jpg

Justin D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size thickness is the top glass brace and how many inch wide?

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's 3/4 thick and I believe it's 6" wide , I will check for you in a few though.... Thanks !

Justin D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going with a 650 gallon 130x34x34 I see you have 4 - 2" drains are you happy if you had to do it over would you do it differently? I'm thinking of 4 - 2" drains or 5 - 1 1/2 drains what do you think?

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It actually ended up being 4- 1.5 " drains.... I feel like it's perfect.... I don't feel like I'm even maxing them out, and with four, there's no way they will all get clogged so I won't have to worry about that.... I would have added 2 intakes for closed loop pumps instead of 1, but I'm totally happy .... ill post up a video of the back of the tank and plumbing in the am.....

Justin D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if you know but Miracles tempered all their aquariums did you know that? If not never drill it you'll break it

Justin D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It actually ended up being 4- 1.5 " drains.... I feel like it's perfect.... I don't feel like I'm even maxing them out, and with four, there's no way they will all get clogged so I won't have to worry about that.... I would have added 2 intakes for closed loop pumps instead of 1, but I'm totally happy .... ill post up a video of the back of the tank and plumbing in the am.....
Do you think I can get all the flow that I need from 4 gyre power heads with no closed loop on a 130x34x34

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they temper the bottom panel as well.... But yes I was aware... I appreciate it! I personally have no experience with the gyre systems yet, I'm a fan of no cords in the display... I hear the provide excellent flow though.... I would really consider a closed loop on a tank of that size, even if it's just helping with circulation and indirect flow... I'll have 2 l1 pumps on my closed loop soon. One will run the 3 returns on the bottom of back panel, the other will run 4 returns on top, I also have 5 returns from main return pump, I have 2 mp 60 in there as well, I plan for 4 in the future... But I plan on keeping 90% sps so u know how that flows....

OP
OP
Acrononomus

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After all my years I finally setup a qt.... It's a 29 gallon from petco . Now I just have to see if I can dig up my old mp 20 and hope it still works! Also need to add some pvc and egg crate.... Black background and bottom coming soon..... Off to the store for now here's a pic....

image_zpsjpt29fja.jpeg

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. I have the same setup from petco (maybe it is a little bigger, a 39gal?) that I bought a few years ago to use as a QT. Well, I never did use it but now that I finally want to buy a fish from my LFS (borbonius anthias), I thought I'd set it up. When I got home to tell my wife, she had something to show me: she was jogging and found a baby painter turtle on the trail, which she took home to care for and to show our two year old daughter (my daughter fell in love with it right away and named him "chocolate milk"). Of course, out of all the spare tanks i have in the garage, she picks the QT petco tank I planned on using years ago and now finally wanted to use again. Looks like I'm in the market for a new QT...

Justin D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was running a barracuda pump, connected to an oceans motions 4 way. It delivered it to 5- 1" returns along the back wall, so they could flow across the bottom and stir things up. I just switched that pump out to a vectra l1 though. Now I will be running that pump to the oceans motions 4 way, with just 3 returns across the back, the other 2 holes will become intakes for another vectra l1 that I will return to the top front corners on sea swirls.....
Are you happy with the Ventral L1

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back