My acro collection aka my obsession

ou12004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for showing the corals in a more natural light, it is great to see what high end, well cared for colonies actually look like.

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First I must say what a beautiful tank. You sir have perfected this craft we all call a hobby. Such beautiful pieces. I was wondering if some time soon you could post a picture of your Walt Disney. You had mentioned your one no-name gave it a run for its money.
Beautiful stuff would love to buy a pack some day.

Thanks for the compliments, acros seem to take it easy on me, other corals hate me -:)
The comment about the no name vs the Disney is the Disney IMO isn't anything special unless you like viewing acros in all blue or black lights- I view my tank in white with a blue hue, close to a Radium. When the no name is under my T5s that are all Blue plus and a Fiji pink with an actinic the thing glows, I just haven't matered taking that picture like you see on the facebook sites and certain individuals.
Anyhoo, thanks again- I'll post a pic since its now starting to grow from the 400.00 booger I got from Cornbread

I'd love to see some full tank shots and your parameters!

FTS are tough, the tank is 72x48x27 and I cant get a pic that reflects what I see live-
Here's a failed attempt (for scale the Regal is 9", and the Del Fuego top left is close to 18x22)

THIS IS SWEET!! NICE STUFF!!
Thanks

Thanks for showing the corals in a more natural light, it is great to see what high end, well cared for colonies actually look like.
I just don't view my tank in 36K LOL so I have to post what I see LOL
Thanks

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brad, this is what I have to say.......................................................... .....................................................
................................................................................. .................. ................................................ ................
......................... ................................................................. ....... ................... ...............................................
Oh ehhh there's nothing wrong with you computer but you had this guy just at cease to be amazed!

Btw, eyeing that smurfie from you. ;)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I thought I was going to see an awesome reef....and I did!

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice layout..............well done!

Thanks, lots less rock work but I like the more open look than I had before

Brad, this is what I have to say.......................................................... .....................................................
................................................................................. .................. ................................................ ................
......................... ................................................................. ....... ................... ...............................................
Oh ehhh there's nothing wrong with you computer but you had this guy just at cease to be amazed!

Btw, eyeing that smurfie from you. ;)

We need to do some trading, you got my cell hit me up (PLEASE)

I thought I was going to see an awesome reef....and I did!

Thanks Rev, greatly appreciated!

So a few more pics coming but Im going to have to move all the corals from the lower frag tanks to get a picture.....

Here is what I end up with just pointing and using auto focus

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battle Corals Soda Popinski

No names

Another Vivid RBD

My Walt Disney after I fragged it-sorry to disappoint, this is what it looks like when its not under black light, or Blue LED or 8 Blue plus T5 bulbs- LOL

Here is the base that has a few more colors ( a friend and I split the frag)

This is a very special piece-VERY slow grower

Apisto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stuff, Brad! Especially the DT shot and that last no-namer. Love those 2-color growth bands that contrast sharply from the base color.:D

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPS is growing rather fast-I wanted to post in our local emergency forum
"HELP....my SPS are growing to fast" but thought that may be perceived poorly LOL

Here is 3 weeks ago that I took this pic and posted

Here is today

I know its slightly different angle and magnification but there is some serious new growth, not just this guy either.

Anyway, I had to break out the camera for the Hellboy

Snipers Red Matrix

Mattv Super Sour-better pic

fishboys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For three weeks that is amazing.

The main stem of that coral has two branching nubs on it and it's undeniable how much those nubs (branches) have grown.

The actual tip of the main branch is the most impressive though.

The top nub on the first picture is almost even with the white (new growth) on the main branch. On the second pic it really shows how crazy fast the actual growth really is.

I was already impressed with your Acro Powers but this just takes it up a notch. Now if you can bottle your success and sell it I will buy it.

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For three weeks that is amazing.

The main stem of that coral has two branching nubs on it and it's undeniable how much those nubs (branches) have grown.

The actual tip of the main branch is the most impressive though.

The top nub on the first picture is almost even with the white (new growth) on the main branch. On the second pic it really shows how crazy fast the actual growth really is.

I was already impressed with your Acro Powers but this just takes it up a notch. Now if you can bottle your success and sell it I will buy it.

You're funny- I recently made the switch from Acro Power to the ME Polyp Extender- Watching his video its an explanation that makes sense and Ive always fought with an ULNS-dang skimmer/neck cleaner, its to efficient LOL

Your Oregon Tort Im growing is doing great too as is the frags we split, I fragged them up last week and some of the cuts are already healing over :D

Squid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like how your frag tanks are filled with colonies lol truly inspiring

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cell phone pic
acad44ad2302c4589631a945c6709e37.jpg

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 145 75.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back