My first tank 29g Coralife Biocube

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank! How is the coral beauty doing? I have always heard that they need 50+ gallon tanks for them to do well.

OP
OP
andymcl82

andymcl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank! How is the coral beauty doing? I have always heard that they need 50+ gallon tanks for them to do well.

Same here, but the girl at the LFS said she had one in a similar sized tank and it was fine. It has a spot it likes to go and hide and it gets along well with the clowns. It's never shown any signs of stress and always eats well. But who knows, I may have just gotten lucky with a good fish

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had mine in our quarantine tank for 6 months to keep the cycle going, then put her in a 40g breeder, and she's very happy and does not,...pick on anyone.
We love her.

OP
OP
andymcl82

andymcl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I was sold this round blue coral as a monti cap, however I have realized it is just a blue chalice. One night it had a single sweeper tentacle extended so I researched a bit and found out it is just a chalice. Kinda disappointing but not to bad because I still like it. It needs to be moved though because it's way to high up.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1413244143.785796.jpg

Random picture I thought was kinda interesting
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1413244434.383041.jpg

Up2no6ood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank

Last edited:
OP
OP
andymcl82

andymcl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't posted anything in a while, so here are some pictures with my Nikon D3000 with just a regular lense. Since Posting last I've added a Jebao dosing pump and a Jebao RW-4

BlueRedAcro.jpg
ClownFish.jpg
FullTank8April15.jpg
TorchCorals.jpg
YellowAcro.jpg

Thle009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you will have to upgrade to a larger tank soon :) Welcome.

OP
OP
andymcl82

andymcl82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More pics. Also forgot I made a magnetic rock ledge with reef putty and extra magnets. Its in the top left of the tank behind the main rock structure. You can kinda see it in the fourth pic.
BlackClownFish.jpg
BlueRedAcan.jpg
Duncan.jpg
UpperLeft.jpg
YellowZoas.jpg

CARBON

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really like your biocube setup and your reef is doing really well! I'm trying to figure out the best way to fit my Hydor skimmer in the 1st compartment of my Biocube. Did you cut off the black cup mounts to fit your skimmer? Also, unless I find a way to wedge it, wouldn't I need something to keep it off the bottom floor of chamber 1? Thanks!

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really like your biocube setup and your reef is doing really well! I'm trying to figure out the best way to fit my Hydor skimmer in the 1st compartment of my Biocube. Did you cut off the black cup mounts to fit your skimmer? Also, unless I find a way to wedge it, wouldn't I need something to keep it off the bottom floor of chamber 1? Thanks!
I don't run a Hydor skimmer in chamber 1, I run a aquatic sea life 115. It fits even with the suction cups but I made a platform out of egg crate that it sits on top of in chamber 1. I have the neck of the skimmer about an inch up from water level.

CARBON

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, gotcha. Yea I ended up just removing the two brackets and made a little 2 1/2" stand for it to rest on. Thanks!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 38.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.0%
Back