My future cube plans

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys my name is Aaron. I currently have a 20g tall nano reef. It has been running for a lil over 5 months now. I am loving and I am going to upgrade. I will transfer everything from my 20H to the new tank. So here is my wishlist so far.
Tank: 40g shallow rimless cube (24inx24inx16in) from glasscages.com
Filtration: My 20H will be the sump. It will have a 1" drain pipe and a 3/4" return pipe. I currently have 15 lbs of live rock, but I am going to add lots more. I'm also getting new sand. Also an eshopps psk 75 skimmer.
Lighting: 250 watt metal halide pendant (20000k) from fishneedit.com
Flow: Mp10, Koralia 1, and the return from an eheim 1048 (return pump).
Heat: 200 watt visi therm heater. Along with my current 50 watt visi therm.
Livestock: My 2 current clowns. Onyx and Black/white. Algae blenny, Tailspot blenny, Yellow Watchman Goby. Maybe one other small fish. Inverts include my current snails and blue leg hermits, and peppermint shrimp. I will add 2 more peppermints, some more snails, and hermits. 1-2 clams.
Not sure on corals yet. I have some zoas, a frogspawn, kenya tree, gsp, green birdsnest, monti cap, and blue tort acro. Those will go in. Not sure what else.

Thats about it for now. Tell me what you guys think :)

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will like the depth the 24" gives you....Clams will look great and you will be able to look at them from top down.....

OP
OP
D

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard they discontinued mp20's cause the mp10's sold more? O well, But I really dont have an extra $100 laying around. But I will have the koralia and the return pump. I think that will be enough :) Thanks tho.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From everything I am hearing people that have the MP10 and MP20 see no real practical differance.....Except the foot print on the MP10 is smaller which is nice....

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 39 27.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 34 23.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back