Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1716354175435.gif

1716354227409.gif
I’ll probably be able to come during the week just need to stay away on weekends

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If yall don’t see me around…it’s because I am officially done buying coral……

I’m gonna be working 20 hrs a day for the next several months to pay off my credit cards

Although my Apple credit card just increased my limit….

PayPal better not try that shenanigans

Jeez credit card company’s are bad!!!

But really I need to pay at least 1 off…..just need to figure out which one……probably Apple
PayPal is 6months no interest…Apple I owe less on…..
Well, and I'm sure you know this, but you can call in to Dave Ramsey and see what he has to say about the matter.
But what id do is sell some plasma, pay off the apple and celebrate the money win by buying something for the tank. Rinse. Repeat.
Need to find cheap dosing containers
Or
Repurpose something into dosing containers
I use milk jugs. After the milk is out. And I've washed them.
4 head dosing pump should be here tomorrow

Perfect time to start a diet

...or there's always the Michael Scott way:
Season 4 Episode 6 GIF by The Office

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to find cheap dosing containers
Or
Repurpose something into dosing containers
What size were you looking for? I have been saving the plastic containers that my coffee comes in. That's what I'm using for my all for reef. It'll hold a half gallon I think. I'll go to my thread and find a picture....
IMG_20240322_152714563.jpg

Last edited:

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best not post "twss"but...

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with experience shipping corals have any thoughts on this box? Its on the small side, so more economical for those of us without big shipping contracts, its double insulated, the box has a layer of foam, then the insulated "bag liner".

shipping box

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hey guys, is this fish in the art a coral beauty? I want to paint it correctly and think thats what it is, but now Im doubting myself.
Untitled.png
looks like a butterfly of some sort... ;) :)

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with experience shipping corals have any thoughts on this box? Its on the small side, so more economical for those of us without big shipping contracts, its double insulated, the box has a layer of foam, then the insulated "bag liner".

shipping box
That looks like a great box! I think it would work well in a frag swap situation or just single use, too

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a great box! I think it would work well in a frag swap situation or just single use, too
so im doing the math on shipping quotes... 2 day ups was only 20 for that size box weighing 1lb5oz. (estimated based off 16oz of water weighed in the plastic measuring cup to simulate frags on plugs). Jumped up to 50$ for next day air. Which, honestly isn't that bad for a non vendor quote. However, its a pretty small box, definitely only a few frags, probably less than 10 depending on size, how contained, how much water packed.

Im shipping from ID, quoted on the farthest FL and NY (sorry alaska, didn't check on you) was 20 for 2day ups and 50 for overnight. Shipping did get cheaper when i checked CA, 14 for 2day and 23 for overnight. So it does vary a good bit based on actual distance.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size were you looking for? I have been saving the plastic containers that my coffee comes in. That's what I'm using for my all for reef. It'll hold a half gallon I think. I'll go to my thread and find a picture....
IMG_20240322_152714563.jpg
That would work. Then all I need is some acrylic tube to stick in the container….

I’m gonna check out local thrift shops and see if I can find any containers

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so im doing the math on shipping quotes... 2 day ups was only 20 for that size box weighing 1lb5oz. (estimated based off 16oz of water weighed in the plastic measuring cup to simulate frags on plugs). Jumped up to 50$ for next day air. Which, honestly isn't that bad for a non vendor quote. However, its a pretty small box, definitely only a few frags, probably less than 10 depending on size, how contained, how much water packed.

Im shipping from ID, quoted on the farthest FL and NY (sorry alaska, didn't check on you) was 20 for 2day ups and 50 for overnight. Shipping did get cheaper when i checked CA, 14 for 2day and 23 for overnight. So it does vary a good bit based on actual distance.
How much to Colorado…..

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 55 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 64 49.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 11 8.5%
Back