My SPS dominant 180g

ajjw0828

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!!

My tank has been in an amazing place for about a year now. Corals are growing like crazy :) I did have a lot of setbacks before though and I am glad I documented them too!

My PH is only around 7.9-8.2 I am not sure why I cant get it any higher. That is with running kalk and a c02 scrubber. It is high enough for me but I wish I could get 8.1-8.3 like a lot of people, oh well.

One thing I have noticed that I think has made the biggest difference is making sure my TDS is always 0000 and making sure I do the 10% water changes every week to replenish the trace elements, especially with the very high amount of SPS I have.
Thanks for the tips! I completely agree about the TDS. That makes sense about water changes replenishing trace elements. Do you use a Kalk reactor connected to a dosing pump or ATO? Been thinking about buying one that stirs it to keep saturated.

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks for the tips! I completely agree about the TDS. That makes sense about water changes replenishing trace elements. Do you use a Kalk reactor connected to a dosing pump or ATO? Been thinking about buying one that stirs it to keep saturated.

Mine is just in its own 40g brute trash can that has a BRS doser hooked up to it.

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wow it has been about a year since I updated my thread on my main display tank. Everything has been going great, growing like crazy (knock on wood)

I have not been doing anything different but doing weekly water changes of around 50 gallons for my total system volume of around 500g. I run a calcium reactor to keep up with alk and trace elements and besides that the only thing I dose is Flatworm stop because I think it really strengthens the corals. The slime they produce when I frag them backs that up and they seem to recover so fast.

NerdExplosion.jpg

Here is my favorite Indo coral I brought in, now almost 2 years ago. The CW Nerd Explosion.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@CoralWealth how's your reef doing in 2022? We'd love to see an update!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back