My very first Yuma, coraline purple!

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my LFS found a Yuma under the rockwork. I grabbed it up! I've been looking for a while to get one of these. I cant tell you how hard it was to get a true color pic because this thing is very purple.

This is under full lighting.

This is under actinic lighting.

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I'm starting to get more and more into these corals myself. Let us know how it does in your tank and keep the pics coming.

OP
OP
Pitcom

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I'm starting to get more and more into these corals myself. Let us know how it does in your tank and keep the pics coming.

You got it. I think im going to order a handful from one of the sponsors of this forum. I put this first one on the bottom of my tank. Its been in almost no lighting for several months at the LFS and lived fine.

OP
OP
Pitcom

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DANG! That's sweet looking. 1st on frag list please. :D

I just hope it lives, after reading the yuma horror stories. I paid a dirt cheap price for this piece, im pretty stoked about it. Another store is getting some red ones in this week. I'm gonna try to get one as well.

currentking

Rookie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it needs very low light. and I mean very low, and a little flow. I have the exact same one and I put it at the bottom of my tank but it had direct light. It bleached in about 2 weeks. From there is was downhill. Good luck. Its a nice yuma

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is very nice. I wish i had better luck with them, i plan to try again now that i have switched setups.

If the fish store kept it looking that good for months i think you have a very good shot of keeping it alive long term. I agree with current , keep it in the shade and dont blast it with flow. Very nice Yuma, congrats.

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hope it lives, after reading the yuma horror stories. I paid a dirt cheap price for this piece, im pretty stoked about it. Another store is getting some red ones in this week. I'm gonna try to get one as well.

Nice yuma! What store is getting the red ones in?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 162 72.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.9%
Back