My Vodka Dosing Journal

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So within the past few months I have been doing A LOT of reading on vodka dosing and last week I made the order to get started. Within the past month I have had a bunch of algae I have been battling and im hoping that vodka is the key to end it all. So I want to create a log so maybe it could help other reefers, along with myself. I will post pictures soon of all my coral to give ideas of week by week change. I will be Starting this Monday, and in late June I will be leaving for july/augest and at those days I will have some one add the chem. for me every day (It’ll pre measured). As of right now I have a know Hair algae and some common glass algae that im hoping this will clear up since GFO has been unable to. My dosing schedule will go something like this for my 40g breeder.

I am estimating I have 30G in my 40g DT, and roughly 20G in my 40g sump. I’m trying to underestimate as best, due to it is better then over dosing.

Daily Additives
MB7- 5Ml
Vodka- Not determined yet
Will start Strontium Later
Will start potassium later

Every other day
Brightwell Iodine- 1 Drop
Every 2/3 days while getting into the swing of vodka No3/Po4/Alk/Cal test
Zeo AA- 1 Drop

Weekly
5G Water Change
Once establiched No3/Po4 test

Monthly
Carbon Change

As for pics, I will have them for monday when I start Before i dose anything, Then i will log weekly, Please feel free to give any C&C and don't be affraid to ask question or correct me if im wrong.

Antonias1391

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very cool ive been dosing my 55g frag tank now for 3 days and ive seen great effects, the cyano just falls apart and floats to the surface.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see the documentation from the start. I wish I did that. I have been dosing vodka for two years. The only thing that jumps out at me is the 5ml of MB7. That seems like a lot in conjunction with vodka and might give you a bacterial bloom. I dosed Biodigest for most of the two years with the vodka and used 1 amp every 2-4 weeks and just switched to MB7 a couple weeks ago to try it out. I dose about 1ml every other day. My maintenance dose for vodka is 4ml (2ml twice per day) in 100 gallon system (75Dt+30 sump). Good luck! I would start out with .4 ml of vodka daily and move up slowly and also start with maybe .5ml of the mb7 just my .02....:bigsmile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
m and m

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im so sorry nice catch i ment .5 not five hole ML.

OP
OP
m and m

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of today i am starting vodka, here are a few "Teasing" pics of my hairr algea break out on a piece of rock i cured and put in about 2 weeks ago. My camera die as i was taking pics but in the past few days my colors have come around and i have never been happier but i have this algea now. Here are a few coral pics and algea pics and some lvl's

All other lvl's are normal
P04- 0.31
No3- Below 1

IMG_7295.jpg

IMG_7293.jpg

IMG_7029.jpg

IMG_7297.jpg

aquafrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this will be very interesting, we will see the vodka in action good thread!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 133 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back