My yellow tang is dying :(

navila06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. foster and smith is free shipping after 49 bucks, and you can get 200 gallons worth of salt for 54 bucks.

Saltwater Aquarium Salt: Aquarium Systems Instant Ocean & Reef Crystals Synthetic Sea Salt

25% off salt would be a good deal. I can't find it cheaper locally and if I order online the heavy weight charge eats up any cost savings.

PS - Markkazdad this is off topic, but I did finally get my bigger tank. Working now on getting it ready to move into the house.

OP
OP
M

markkazdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the boxes come with smaller bags inside? One 160-gallon bucket has lasted me since Black Friday, and it's still about 1/6th full. The lid was left ajar and some of it got hard and crusty, so I'm worried about a 200-gallon box/bag not being sealed up well enough. But, if it's smaller bags, I can put one bag at a time into the bucket I already have. I was planning on just ordering the bucket from there while it's on sale and adding something else to get over $49, but the box is definitely a better value.

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never realized they didn't charge a heavy item fee for the 160 and 200 gallon salt. I am ordering tonight.

Mason Dixon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever take back the deceased fish from Petco for a refund? I'm just wondering as I have never purchased saltwater livestock from them.

Like others have said, they don't offer any kind of guarantee when you buy in-store.....but they do have a great 15 day alive guarantee when you buy online. Petco is the only one I know of that will credit your credit card instead of issuing store credit if something dies on you from an online purchase.

navila06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is a box with four 50 gallon bags in it. It comes out to a savings of about 70 bucks, over the life of a 200 gallon box.

Do the boxes come with smaller bags inside? One 160-gallon bucket has lasted me since Black Friday, and it's still about 1/6th full. The lid was left ajar and some of it got hard and crusty, so I'm worried about a 200-gallon box/bag not being sealed up well enough. But, if it's smaller bags, I can put one bag at a time into the bucket I already have. I was planning on just ordering the bucket from there while it's on sale and adding something else to get over $49, but the box is definitely a better value.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love their big boxes of salt. I vacuum seal them after using

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

OP
OP
M

markkazdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like others have said, they don't offer any kind of guarantee when you buy in-store.....but they do have a great 15 day alive guarantee when you buy online. Petco is the only one I know of that will credit your credit card instead of issuing store credit if something dies on you from an online purchase.

Reef(s) 2 go might (and reship your order) if you post your story with an unpleasing title in their vendor area on another forum and then go along with their request to take it down in exchange for the refund. They might even have it taken down for you if you dilly dally. YMMV.

nhago

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef(s) 2 go might (and reship your order) if you post your story with an unpleasing title in their vendor area on another forum and then go along with their request to take it down in exchange for the refund. They might even have it taken down for you if you dilly dally. YMMV.

I know YMMV, but my experience with Reefs 2 go was that 1 order became 3 due to multiple DOA fish, but they made me pay for shipping every time.. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

OP
OP
M

markkazdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not have to pay reshipping. I also did not end up with fish that lasted though. Lost the crabs and shrimp too after about a month, but those may have been my fault.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back