Nanofreaks Tiny Terror!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking awesome! I am falling in love with sugar sized sand... debating on how the heck to replace all my 40B's sand with sugar sized...

OP
OP
Nanofreak79

Nanofreak79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all! Hoping to get the water in today. I had a little set back waiting for a new membrane for my RO system, which has slightly delayed the birthday of the tank. I plan on using the prodibio line up to get the cycle going quicker, which has worked great for me. To tamberav, yes I love the sugar grain. I haven't used it until my recent tank transfer and now this little beast......well used it on my first salty tank, many, many years ago.

OP
OP
Nanofreak79

Nanofreak79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also forgot to mention the WP-10 is a no go. I turned it on and created a giant sand storm, even on the lowest setting. I put in a koralia 425 that I had laying around. Oh well......

OP
OP
Nanofreak79

Nanofreak79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since I've added anything. The tank is going through the diatom stage right now and is looking a little on the ugly side. I should be adding a cleaning crew and possibly a fish, if, I can find a suitable inhabitant. I'll try and drop some pics later tonight or by the end of the week. Can't wait to start stocking this tank.

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank should be sweet, those Mr aqua tanks are really nice, I was going to do the 12 gallon myself for my wife's desk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nanofreak79

Nanofreak79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ thank you! I have another mr aqua as well. Very nice workmanship for the money, and those 12'gallons are great tank.

Sorry for the delay, things have been crazy around here. Not much has happened since I filled it up. I have now finished the cycle with the help of some frozen food and prodibio additives. I have a clean up crew coming and then if all looks well in a week, I'll add a small fish, still undecided on which. Here some pics showing diatoms and that's about it.

2flicka_2014_7_23_18_51_20 by -Nanofreak79-

2flicka_2014_7_23_18_51_13 by -Nanofreak79-

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 177 72.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back