Naughty tangs!

mrjlopez731

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have a different story to tell with, what does work for you, does not work for me. I have a sail fin tang on time out in a large salad rinse bowl floating in my tank. Been there for about 3 months now. He takes food from any fish path, he swims super fast at feeding time because he wants all the food. If I feed my bubble tip I have to keep my hand in the tank so this guy won't rip the fish out its mouth and eat it. He has eaten some of my soft corals. I was trying to catch this guy for months until that day came and he swam right into the net. He will be on time out until I give him to the local pet shop for something but he will not be "free willy".

GreatWhiteTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acanthurus coeruleus (Caribbean and Atlantic)
My Atlantic had an attitude towards other tangs, so it was always solo. My Caribbean I got when it was still yellow as a little guy and watching the color transformation was awesome. I kept it with a kolé, scopas, and naso in a 220 with a lemarks angel. He was a Billy to some of the other small grazing fish I had a starry blenny and didn't like him at all. But other than that the fish was awesome, I will say it took me 2 deaths before I found a healthy specimen that made it through qt and started eating well. There was a really good article on both of these species in April's tropic fish monthly!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back