OP
OP
dgiglio3087

dgiglio3087

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a blue tarp over the whole shootin' match! It was less than pretty but worked perfectly.

Okay cool , yeah I just cut my lights last night! Ill let y'all know how it works out !

Typed on the go using an iPhone via Tapatalk- forgive any typos

aop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all A curious question, if u have just few isolated spots of cyano in the DT, theoretically, instead off shutting off the lights, could u cover that are oh say with a rock or some other object which theoretically removes light for that area, any thoughts?

bobman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all A curious question, if u have just few isolated spots of cyano in the DT, theoretically, instead off shutting off the lights, could u cover that are oh say with a rock or some other object which theoretically removes light for that area, any thoughts?

Probably not at cayno dont need much light and will just grow around the rock. I would personally just increase flow to those problem areas as if its just in a few spots you have most likely identified dead spots in flow.

aop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A
Probably not at cayno dont need much light and will just grow around the rock. I would personally just increase flow to those problem areas as if its just in a few spots you have most likely identified dead spots in flow.
and if flow is fine?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You could. It will die but will also release its nutrients back into the water, and the area under the rock might even get anaerobic.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back