Need help with stocking order

nanogal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i currently have a 25g nano reef with a few soft corals and lots of live rock with a yellow tail damsel (i had a clown pair but one passed and then a few months later the other passed and now the damsel has been alone too long and is territorial so i will be removing him).

i’m looking for a peaceful reef as my clown before was a bit of a black widow and the damsel is a jerk.

i would like another pair of clowns, a yellow clown goby, and possibly a royal gramma, banggai cardinal fish, or a fire fish. i’m indecisive about the last 3 as i want to make sure everyone gets along and i have fish that don’t hide 24/7 as well.

If you have any thoughts on the order or if everyone would get along it would be much appreciated. thanks :)

Last edited:

McCarrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thoughts would be:
1. Fire fish and clown goby
2. Bengaii cardinal
3. Clowns
4. Royal gramma

I'm not 100% sure on the order of clowns vs royal gramma since I added my clowns and gramma together. But my gramma definitely holds its own so based on the personality if mine, I put it last in the list.

OP
OP
nanogal

nanogal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thoughts would be:
1. Fire fish and clown goby
2. Bengaii cardinal
3. Clowns
4. Royal gramma

I'm not 100% sure on the order of clowns vs royal gramma since I added my clowns and gramma together. But my gramma definitely holds its own so based on the personality if mine, I put it last in the list.
thanks so much for the reply! I think i’ll do what you did and add the gramma and clowns at the same time then :)

nathanielt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks so much for the reply! I think i’ll do what you did and add the gramma and clowns at the same time then :)
How is this going? I’m in almost same situation. Yellow watchman goby in QT (pistol shrimp in tank already). Then my hope was to introduce goby to DT and QT Banggai Cardinal, Royal Gramma, and firefish together. Then finish with pair of clowns another 45 days later. Also interested in a sapphire damsel, perhaps doing the cardinal and firefish, then damsel and basslet, finally clowns. Theory is more aggressive fish last.

OP
OP
nanogal

nanogal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is this going? I’m in almost same situation. Yellow watchman goby in QT (pistol shrimp in tank already). Then my hope was to introduce goby to DT and QT Banggai Cardinal, Royal Gramma, and firefish together. Then finish with pair of clowns another 45 days later. Also interested in a sapphire damsel, perhaps doing the cardinal and firefish, then damsel and basslet, finally clowns. Theory is more aggressive fish last.
It was going well, introduced clowns and gramma at the same time and they got along well. I then added a clown goby and to my demise, he had ich with no symptoms and killed off himself and my gramma. clowns pulled through though. Now i wait to get any more fish and have to restart my stocking process again :(

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back