need opinions on my stand builld for my upcoming 45 cube

jck09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stand for my upcoming 45 cube
i just wanted some opinions on how this stand looks. will it hold the tank is the most important? tank will be a 24x24x18 cube. 45 gallons. this is only the frame but im working slowly as i dont have the tank yet. have to sell my 90 gallon first.
frame is all 2x3. top and bottom frames are pocket screwed to the virtical supports. i have a 29 gal sump and ato in the stand. all three sides will have doors so everything is accesable and removeable
this is a front shot
DSCN1511.jpg

right side. that cubbie is going to be where all the electrical will be. (vortech, 2 pc4s and sl2 -eventually)
DSCN1512.jpg

this is the left side. the small 5 gallon is for ato but will be replaced by something same size just taller.
DSCN1516.jpg

this is top down
DSCN1517.jpg

let me know what you think.
thanks
john

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks good - i wish i had built in a little electrical access panel like that in mine
i would probably add another 2x4 across the middle to keep the top plywood from bowing, but it may not be neccessary
i have my stand build on the first page of my thread if you would like to check it out

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 26 32.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back